BioShock Infinite Gets a "Reversible Cover"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioShock Infinite Gets a "Reversible Cover"

Irrational Games is adding an alternate cover to BioShock Infinite and Ken Levine wants you to fight over what it will be.

Those of us who care about such things were suitably disappointed when the dully generic BioShock Infinite cover art was revealed, but fear not! While the dudebro-driven [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121007-Ken-Levine-on-BioShock-Infinites-Bro-Tastic-Cover-Art] marketing machine will not be dissuaded, The Man himself, Ken Levine, announced today that the game will come with a reversible cover. And that's not all!

"We want to hear your voice on what that cover should be. To that end, we've arranged a poll below that lets you choose from several potential reversible covers," he wrote. "I've got my favorite, but I'm not telling which.  We've got to do this quickly to meet our print deadlines, so vote soon. Like, NOW!"

What's that you say? You think all these covers suck too? No problemo, chief! "We're also going to be arranging a whole mess of MORE alternate covers which will be available to download and print yourself," Levine added. And they'll be free!

[gallery=986]

My vote is going to number six, although number four is a close second. What's your favorite? Pop over to forums [http://irrationalgames.com/insider/poll/].

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Should be something that has to do with the plot of the game which no one knows at this point so this is pretty pointless.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
My vote is going towards number 4. There's just something about it that appeals to me.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
As someone who loves pen and ink as a medium, I'm voting for Number 4 all the way.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Number 4 is the only one I really like. Stay away from number 3 though. I like numbers 2 and 6 as well but I strongly prefer number 4.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I like 2 or 6.
I also find it really funny that they've gone "Hmm, people hate the cover? Let's give them the same cover but with a lady on it!
GENIUS!"

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
This was literally my first thought when Levine started mentioning printable covers, why not do what ME3 did. And thankfully they have.

Hmm, none of them are AMAZING but still, in order of preference I'd say 4, 6, 5, 2.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008

Levine.... you Magnificent Bastard I READ YOUR BOOK!

Gin up interest in your game with trashy (but marketable) cover art and then give a reversible cover to appeal to the hardcore, the hardcore who will be your most vital group in promoting the game to others.

I hope other publishers get in on this...

... almost a shame I'm getting this on Steam where this is 100% irrelevant to me.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
1,3,5 are just bad. I think 5 is actually WORSE than the store front cover.

2 and 6 are interesting but they lack dynamic. 6 is better but needs some reworking with a better background. A huge vista of Columbia with the wind blowing roses around (see skirt flapping so there is already wind).

4 is pretty good in my opinion. It could have been an advertisement poster for Columbia in the Ingame universe with a little reworking. Like a weathered, ragged poster from way back when Columbia was being advertised to racist isolationist Americans.

That would have been a great cover.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Let's hear it for the magnificent power of bitching.

OT - I looooovvvveeee that Red one.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm not going to lie; cover #4 (red background with pen-and-ink) looks quite sexy.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Gotta go with 4 or 6, the Criterion Collection covers. Normally I'd say 4 isn't marketable enough but that isn't an issue here; may as well go with the classy one.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
I wasn't bothered by the original cover, but...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! I love you, Irrational. Don't ever change.

I'm having a tough time deciding between number 4 and 6. I'll be insanely happy if either of those are picked.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Normally I'd say this was a stupid issue that's barely even worth discussing... but then I just voted, so what the hell do I know?

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Well, I'm actually pretty glad that irrational games aren't living up to their namesake.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I like the style of 4 and 6, but also really like 1 and think it would be my choice out of the bunch. Given the focus of a lot of the footage we have seen so far, it seems appropriate.

However, to be honest, it would be hilarious to me if #3 won.