Encaen

May 6, 2005
Josh's Five Favorites of 2012

Josh's top five games from 2012.

Read Full Article

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
X-COM is my second most-played game this year (the 1st is Rocksmith, which is not entirely a "video"-game), and I still think I haven't played enough of it, so it would be one of my top choices for GOTY too.

But prepare for people saying you have no taste because you put Blops 2 AND Diablo 3 on the list. For the record I found D3 really fun too.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Is the link for the "five favorites quiz" out yet? I've watched all the vids and am ready to go. But can't seem to find the actual quiz. I might be a bit early cuz I'm in Australia, heh.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
COD!!! BLASPHEMY! Ok, not really. You can enjoy the games that you want to enjoy.

I enjoy these little lists every year. I expected Assassins Creed 3 to be on at least one list. Most people bash it without ever giving it some props for the things it did well...

Dragon-Byte

May 21, 2009
I'm going to go ahead and say this "Five Favorites" contest is a sham.
I've been constantly checking it all day and there has yet to be a link to this "Quiz"
Was really looking forward to this all week.

Escapist, I am disappoint.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Well, I learned something today.

That something I learned? While he is certainly entitled to his opinions, I will not be paying attention to any of Josh's opinions when considering a purchase, because his tastes are completely different than mine.

Ick.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
C'mon guys, it's Josh's Favorites, so of course it is going to be biased towards what he had fun playing.

Magic was a given. The Zombie co-op in Cod Blops 2 is pretty fun. Xcom is good. Street Fighter X Tekken is full of nostalgia for people like me who'd been playing for a while.

The one thing I may be a stick in the mud about is Diablo 3... I find it hard to believe that anyone would list it over some of the much better releases this year. The storyline was minimal as well as repeated 4 times. The loot wasn't that great or anything. The AH was glitchy and sometimes ate items and gold.

I also had trouble with the difficulty curve, it appeared to force players to use the AH for inferno 2-3-4 to buy equipment they didn't have access to, yet before then had been ridiculously easy. Also had unbeatable combinations of enemy skills that hadn't been tested or were expected to be massive gear/friend checks.

I just don't get it...

Also Dragon-Byte chill out, everyone is in the same position. Hopefully the link will be up tomorrow lol.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Diablo 3? REALLY? Broken effort by a company struggling to keep one of it's three key franchises relevant? Makes a top 5 list?

PhiMed said:
Well, I learned something today.

That something I learned? While he is certainly entitled to his opinions, I will not be paying attention to any of Josh's opinions when considering a purchase, because his tastes are completely different than mine.

I'm with you on this one. D3 and Blops2? Ew.

When's the quiz link up? <Walking Dead is going to win it XD

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
He did say Blops 2 Zombie co-op. As far as an arcade style fps co-op mode, it's pretty fun when you play with friends.

For that specific game mode I think it's acceptable, even though I'm sick to death of zombies... I'm soo tired of them I'm trying to will myself to buy Walking Dead, debating wether or not it would be more of the same.

I mean I remember people loving Dead Island for the story... and I wasn't... thrilled about it when I played it.