Steam Holiday Sale Continues With Weekend Encore

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Steam Holiday Sale Continues With Weekend Encore

Last-minute shoppers will have an extra two days to get discounted titles from Steam's annual winter sale.

Steam's annual Holiday Sale, which is full of ridiculously good deals and heavily discounted games, has been going on since December 20 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121216-Steam-Holiday-Sale-Begins], so by now you've probably bought all the games you wanted (and possibly games you didn't even know you wanted). If you're the wait-till-the-last-minute type, however, you'll have a little more time to download some beloved games for cheap. The Steam Holiday Sale, originally scheduled to end tomorrow morning, is getting an encore weekend; you now have until Monday, January 7 to finish impulse-shopping.

The encore weekend officially kicks off tomorrow, January 5, at 10:00 am PST. The extended sale will feature "a select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale," though which titles that refers to isn't clear. Once the encore starts, you'll have 48 hours until the Holiday Sale is really over, after which you'll just have to go back to paying more than a few bucks for video games.

Of course, you don't even have to wait until tomorrow morning; you can still get lots of Steam games really cheap right now [http://store.steampowered.com/]. However, having those extra two days will no doubt be appreciated by procrastinators. The Holiday Sale will officially conclude on Monday, January 7, at 10:00 am PST.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
This has reminded me that the Steam sale is ending and they never further discounted the Darkness 2 x_x. *Crosses fingers.*

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Nouw said:
This has reminded me that the Steam sale is ending and they never discounted the Darkness 2 x_x. *Crosses fingers.*
They do. Or at least it is on the UK store with a 50% discount. Doesn't seem to be a daily deal either, as there no countdown.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Burnhardt said:
Nouw said:
This has reminded me that the Steam sale is ending and they never discounted the Darkness 2 x_x. *Crosses fingers.*
They do. Or at least it is on the UK store with a 50% discount. Doesn't seem to be a daily deal either, as there no countdown.
My bad, I edited it. I'd like a 60% or further discount though. It's just out of reach of my steam funds.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Nouw said:
This has reminded me that the Steam sale is ending and they never further discounted the Darkness 2 x_x. *Crosses fingers.*
I think I bought it on summer sale, great blast, a bit short though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Boris Goodenough said:
Nouw said:
I think I bought it on summer sale, great blast, a bit short though.
Yeah, that's one of the few down-sides but that didn't really bother me. The quality of the game is fantastic.
Dexter111 said:
Nouw said:
You can get a Steam Key for it if you stop whining about it and PM me. xD
*Cautiously looks from side-to-side.*

Done!

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I missed Magic 2013 when it was on sale pre-Christmas. I keep hoping it'll go on Flash deal, but so far it hasn't. Maybe this weekend.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I've already dropped about $60 on games for me and some friends. I've sunk in between twenty minutes and thirty hours on the games I bought already, and I'm kind of fascinated that I want to play some of these simpler indie titles more than I want to play the AAA titles I got for Xmas.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
I've picked up a few of this years releases that I'll simply add to the monsterous backlog of games I need to finish.

On one hand I love steam for these awesome sales but my wife is already wanting to kill me when I wander downstairs to the office. I'd love to play some of them with her but she's more into the casual games than anything I play.

Captcha: big nose .... what are you saying? I know my beak is a little lon the large side but not worthy of being called that

6urk17s

Nov 16, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
I missed Magic 2013 when it was on sale pre-Christmas. I keep hoping it'll go on Flash deal, but so far it hasn't. Maybe this weekend.
It was on sale atleast twice, once as the main deal and once as a flash, so seems like you overlooked those. Still, fingers crossed for you.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I'm not sure why Alpha Protocol is taking so long to go on sale. I thought it was more popular than that, but...

$9.99 is still pretty nice. And if it's just an 'encore' sale, I doubt it'll go any lower.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I've been waiting for New Vegas to go on sale this whole time, but it has yet to do so >.>

I am proud of myself this year though. I only bought games I knew I would play!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That's cool I guess. Unfortunately, there isn't anything on there to get of value at this point. As it stands now, you have seen the same 25-30 games get rotated for over a week now.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
This sale has been awesome. The only thing I regret is jumping too early at Civ 5: Gods and Kings at half price when it was 75% off today. Although I did finally get Torchlight 2, FTL, Metro 2033, The Witcher and a bunch of other stuff, so I can't complain. I'm just hoping the extra weekend will have stuff I've missed due to work and sleep and stuff.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
I got it on sale, to be honest; I kinda disappointed with it, I wish it had better deck editor and more like Magic Online.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Baldr said:
Aris Khandr said:
I got it on sale, to be honest; I kinda disappointed with it, I wish it had better deck editor and more like Magic Online.
Yeah, I had the same complaint about 2012. But I also put 165 hours into playing it, so I can hardly say I didn't get my money's worth. I'm ready to move to the next one, though.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Damn you steam community, I wanted to buy my friends Terraria with the sale, instead you guys choose Tourchlight 2.

Oct 2, 2012
Awesome! Too bad I'm broke from buying on sale games (some of which I can't even play on my laptop) from Steam. They can't get anymore of my money!
[sub]Maybe I can go make a few more bucks in a back alley. Need moar games naow.[/sub]