Lego Marvel Super Heroes Save the World this Fall

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Lego Marvel Super Heroes Save the World this Fall

Traveller's Tales is upping the ante in a Marvel Lego game with over 100 playable characters.

When Lego Star Wars first launched, nobody really expected that Lego videogames would become a phenomena. Eight years and over a dozen entries later, many simply look forward to seeing <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98328-Travelers-Tales-Lego-Lord-of-the-Rings-Would-Work>which fan-favorite franchise will be converted next. Thanks to the recent popularity of The Avengers and its Marvel Cinematic Universe, Traveller's Tales has now revealed that the next title in its Lego line will be Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Marvel fans will also be happy to hear that, unlike the films, this game won't be restricted to any particular licensed team. Instead, the title will feature characters from all of Marvel's comic book franchises, including Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and even obscure titles like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes, like the Lego Batman games before it, will present an original story rather than adapting a specific movie or storyline. The plot should be familiar to Marvel fans already: Nick Fury, unable to contain threats like Loki or Galactus, calls upon Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and other heroes to save the Earth. It's not a unique premise for a Marvel game (Ultimate Alliance did the same thing), but Lego Marvel Super Heroes ups the ante with over 100 playable characters, the highest for any Marvel console title. The full roster will include heroes like Spider-Man and Wolverine, anti-heroes like Deadpool, and even Galactus himself, who presumably solves Lego puzzles by eating the planet.

Further details, such as whether the game will have full-voice acting or open-world environments, are unclear at the moment. Given that it's a Lego title however, players should expect a wide range of puzzles, character-specific abilities, and playful Lego humor to be featured throughout the entire game. Lego Marvel Super Heroes is due out this Fall for PC, consoles, and handheld systems.

Source: LEGO.com, via <a href=http://kotaku.com/5974115/excelsior-lego-marvel-super-heroes-assembles-the-avengers-to-save-the-earth-this-fall>Kotaku
Image: <a href=http://marvelsuperheroes.lego.com/en-us/products/6869.aspx>Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Please have a DC and Marvel crossover sequel, Please have a DC and Marvel crossover sequel, Please have a DC and Marvel crossover sequel...

Captcha: in the air (very funny captcha)

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the antics of Lego Spidey and Deadpool more than the actual game right now.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ed130 said:
Please have a DC and Marvel crossover sequel, Please have a DC and Marvel crossover sequel, Please have a DC and Marvel crossover sequel...

Captcha: in the air (very funny captcha)
You beat me to it but since you mentioned it, not only is the door left open for Lego Marvel X DC, it's also left open for Lego Amalgam

Basically a brand created after a major crossover event, similar to Elseworlds. Amalgam takes characters from both universes and throws them into a single world. What happens when Bruce Wayne grows up in a world where S.H.I.E.L.D. is a thing? He enlists and eventually takes over etc etc etc. I haven't read many Amalgam comics personally but it would be interesting to see something like Amalgam make it to consoles. If only for...

Anyway. I've read a few articles about this already and this is the first I've heard about a 100 character roaster. I guess it's safe to assume the later movie characters will be playable (Core-Avengers, Ghost Rider, etc) and soon-to-be movie character will likely also be in on the action (Rocket Raccoon). I wonder how deep the obscurity well is going to go though. I would genuinely be interested in playing as Howard the Duck, Toad, etc. Of course it could just be that character variations will be their own character (Black-suit Spider-Man, Iron Patriot, Original-bulky Iron Man, colored Hulks...). I'm hoping they don't take that route though.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Licensed LEGO games have always been the very best video game adaptation of that particular license, for me at any rate.

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Harry Potter
LOTR

What other licensed games allow you to play through these worlds so thoroughly and completely?

I'm calling it now: best Marvel superhero game ever.

Apr 17, 2009
Hmm, but how many of those playable characters are going to be the same characters we already had in a different outfit? They pulled that with both the Harry Potter games.
Ah well, I'll just look forward to levels where we get to ply as the Hulk and hope they're as fun as the ones on Lego LotR where you play as an Ent

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
mine mine mine mine mine mine!!!

Lego and Marvel, the best of two worlds.

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
Well considering I just finished Lego Batman 2 (and loved it) and I'm a huge Marvel fan, I can't wait.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I guess I'm not the core audience, obviously. I played some Lego games and I found them boring. But like I said, due to their popularity, I guess it's me.
I'll have to admit, though. A Lego Marvel Super Heroes game sounds pretty badass.

OOOOOOOH! Can we have a Lego Back to the Future someday?! That would be interesting!

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I can play as Deadpool?
Well I just might have to buy my first Lego game then.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
Lego+Marvel=Awesome!

Can't wait.
Finally, something Adam Jensen DID ask for.
Makes the game instant win in my book.