PC Version of GTA V Appears on Amazon

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
PC Version of GTA V Appears on Amazon

Amazon lists GTA V for Windows in France and U.K.

Developer Rockstar Games is remaining tight-lipped on any potential plans for a PC version of the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, but that hasn't stopped Amazon from listing the game for pre-order. The online retailer has listed a PC version of the title in both the U.K. [http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B006ISA6VQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1642&creative=19458&creativeASIN=B006ISA6VQ&linkCode=as2&tag=g5-21], offering hope that the game will indeed appear on the Windows platform.

Up to this point, Rockstar hasn't completely ruled out a PC version of GTA V, though all media and teasers have focused solely on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. Fans have been furiously signing their names to an online petition [http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign] to bring the game to PC, which already boasts over 144,000 signatures. If, for some reason, a PC version of GTA V were to fail to make it to market, it would be a first for the series.

The Amazon listings aren't exactly a confirmation that the game is indeed in the works for PC, and while Amazon France is allowing customers to pre-order the title, the U.K. listing is essentially just a generic placeholder. If you had hoped to play the game with a mouse and keyboard, it's a good sign, but we wouldn't recommend throwing your hands into the air and rejoicing just yet.

Via: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/387447/gta-v-pc-version-listed-on-amazon/]

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
It would be entertaining if this was some overzealous fan hacking into Amazon and listing it themselves. It would be just as good if this was actually a PC version of the game. This is the first GTA I actually had any interest in.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Urgh, if its just an accidental listing and no PC version shows on release or shortly after, I think quite a few people are going to lose their shit (even though Rockstar haven't promised anything).

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Although I'll be grabbing the 360 version until I can buy a replacement gpu I'd have assumed they were going to make a pc version regardless.

If it's going to be a shoddy port I'd probably pass.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
It would be a rather nice birthday present if they were to make a PC version; an even better present if it's good. I look forward to the game whatever happens though. Looks to be good. ;D

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Oh I'm fairly confident a PC version will get made; The real question is whether it'll be a stellar port like Max Payne 3, or a sub-par port like GTA IV... The wildcard third option is, unfortunately, a non-existent port like Red Dead Redemption (I'm still sour over this one).
I'd be quite confident in it being a decent port but at the end of the day even if you get a good port that's all it will remain (unless some are wanting it to be a good port to laud it over certain people).

Also no need to still be sour about Red Dead since you can still play it on the 360 or PS3 quite cheaply =P.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I'd be quite confident in it being a decent port but at the end of the day even if you get a good port that's all it will remain (unless some are wanting it to be a good port to laud it over certain people).

Also no need to still be sour about Red Dead since you can still play it on the 360 or PS3 quite cheaply =P.
That doesn't help people like me, who:

(A) Do not own either a PS3 or Xbox,
(B) Do not own a HD TV
and (C) Hate using controllers and want to play using mouse and keyboard.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Now just don't stick it with some crappy drm and I'll buy it.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Worgen said:
It would also be nice if there wasn't a mountain of bugs and a 6+ month delayed release time.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
Worgen said:
It would also be nice if there wasn't a mountain of bugs and a 6+ month delayed release time.
That would be nice, I hope it gets the love it sounds like bioshock infinite is getting for the pc.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
No you can probably expect an active internet connection requirement for play.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
It woudl be stupic of rockstar not to make a GTA V for PC seeing as GTA IV sold A LOT for PC and as its physics engine, which will likely be updated and eat even more resources, and lack of ability to optimize anything graphically related pretty much makes sure they need it on PC or on next gen consoles. GTA IV was already downsampled for current consoles, gta V certainly dont want that.
Or, perhaps, they learnt to optimize their game like they did with SA? that would mean GTA V would require less resources than GTA IV and still be better. but thats foolish, developers dont care about optimization now, when it became a tradition of "jsut buy stronger pc" whenever the consumer cant run something.

Waaghpowa said:
Worgen said:
Sadly, due to stupidity of publishers/developers, pretty much all big titles lag for PC. they somehow imagine that consoles dont get pirated and thus sell better. when the mroe likely option is that people see the game on consoles, see that they dont like it and just dont buy it on PC, and thus PC sells less when its late.

(B) Do not own a HD TV
you hate controllers? FINALLY i found someone like me!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
This doesn't really mean much.

I mean, a while ago, wasn't there a pre-order for Half Life 2: Episode 3?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
lithium.jelly said:

(B) Do not own a HD TV
But almost the same could be said in the instance of a PC exclusive title which would lead many to answering "get it for that platform/build your own PC.

And for myself I'm pretty happy with both K+M and a controller but that's just a personal preference and besides I'm sure the PC version will be due at some point this year.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
lithium.jelly said:

(B) Do not own a HD TV
But almost the same could be said in the instance of a PC exclusive title which would lead many to answering "get it for that platform/build your own PC.

And for myself I'm pretty happy with both K+M and a controller but that's just a personal preference and besides I'm sure the PC version will be due at some point this year.
However, once you factor in the cost of a high def TV, at least getting a PC is a much cheaper option, plus it gives you the option of using whatever control scheme suits you best instead of being forced to use a controller. For me, a controller means not only terribly inaccurate controls, but also crippling pain in my hands after an hour of gaming.

Strazdas said:
you hate controllers? FINALLY i found someone like me!
Yep. I can't stand using them. If console games supported the option of using a mouse and keyboard I would be more than happy to play on consoles. But they don't, so I don't.