Braid Tops XBLA's 2008 List, Nobody Surprised

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Braid Tops XBLA's 2008 List, Nobody Surprised

Microsoft has more than a few reasons to be jolly this holiday season, with gamers earning a combined 1.25 billion achievement points and titles like Braid topping the sales charts.

The were about elephants [http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2008/12/22/Bst_Of_09_XBLA.aspx], though?

Indie darling Braid topped the Xbox Live Arcade list not just as the highest rated title of the year, but the highest rated XBLA title of all time. Rounding out the list of the year's best Arcade games are names that shouldn't surprise anybody: Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2, Street Fighter II HD Remix, and Portal: Still Alive. All told, Xbox Live subscribers downloaded a total of 110 million XBLA trials during 2008 (yes, people downloaded more game demos than earned achievements - who'd have guessed?).

According to Microsoft, there are some hotly anticipated titles slated to hit XBLA in 2009, but it's hard to get as excited for a South Park game as many were for Jonathan Blow's time-warping platformer. Though I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
give me south park game over braid anyday...even if i dont no what the SP game is...

i just never got on with Braid, its a decent idea...nicely done, looks very pretty...but if i could choose between having braid forever or Castle Crashers for 10 mins it would be CC everytime...

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I actually didn't like the demo... *runs and barricades himself from the flamers*

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
xitel said:
I actually didn't like the demo... *runs and barricades himself from the flamers*
Same here... can I get in that barricade?

I think Castle Crashers deserves some more respect in my opinion! One of the best co-op games I've played in a long time.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
harhol said:
No I mean YOOOUUUUUUUU

Congratulations to Braid's very rich developers.
Very rich developper you mean. Braid's development team was three times smaller than that of World of Goo.

Novajam

Apr 26, 2008
I'm glad that Castle Crashers did well. I love that game.

I wouldn't mind an extra 500 points to get Geometry Wars 2 though...

Santa...?