Scraping the Bottom

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Scraping the Bottom

A veritable buffet of ideas for new bad movies.

Read Full Article

Dan Moline

Feb 1, 2013
"Getting kids to wolf down bowl after bowl of corn and/or grain based food product in order to prop up the subsidized behemoth that is the agriculture industry, thus keeping the Midwest from vanishing off the face of the Earth for another few years."

HAHAHAHA it's funny because you have no idea what you're talking about.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
In response to suggestion #3: Hell yes I'd watch a movie about Colonel Sanders

I watched a small bit of a a documentary about him and other fast food chain founders and from what I saw he looked pretty interesting.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I get the feeling that this article isn't actually about what movies Hollywood should make next.
captcha: i know nothing!
Well, I guess that solves it, then.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I imagine a gritty crime drama starring Ronald McDonald and Grimace as cops who have to rescue Grimace's girlfriend Birdie from the international crimelord, the Hamburgler who leads a gang of fryguys.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Odoylerules360 said:
Come on live action Berserk!
They'd only end up making the story that's already been told twice in anime (The Golden Age arc). IMO the Retribution arc could work as a standalone film. But it's not like Hollywood is going to start making movies based on ultra-graphic dark fantasy manga.

As for any ideas... I got none. All I'm hoping for is that HBO turns Preacher into a series.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
I have one idea
Movie based on a books based on a game based on a movie based on a book
Make your guesses people- what I am talking about?
(tip:there isn't movie announced, but it is only "yet"- it might happen anytime)

burymagnets

Nov 30, 2010
Praise be to Moon Knight!

bartholen said:
As for any ideas... I got none. All I'm hoping for is that HBO turns Preacher into a series.

Nearly happened once, so I'll keep hoping :)

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing some adaptations of comics like Calvin & Hobbes, for example. Hell, I'm sure there are some web comics with followings worth an adaptation or two.

Or maybe some old forgotten cartoons like The Angry Beavers, Pinky & the Brain or Reboot? Gargoyles seems like a damn good fit, too.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
VanQQisH said:
I wouldn't mind seeing some adaptations of comics like Calvin & Hobbes, for example. Hell, I'm sure there are some web comics with followings worth an adaptation or two.
Somebody never saw the live action Garfield movies. Consider yourself warned.

Robert Hilliker

Jan 10, 2012
Ouch MovieBob! I know you're a Coastie Liberal, but can you at least TRY to hide your disdain for those of us in the Fly-over states? Admittedly I live in a state where more than a few of the necks are red, but also there's plenty people who'd agree with your points if you just didn't dismiss entire regions of the country and their denizens out of hand.

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
They already made a movie about the making of Psycho, so I don't see why they'd stop there. Movie folks love talking about the making of Apocalypse Now, they might as well make a movie about it. Then eventually we can get to a movie about the making of Hitchcock (about the making of Psycho), and the beast will have at last devoured itself.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
You know what? A "Rise of the Guardians" style mashup of cereal mascots would be awesome. I'd see it.

Captcha: NO SPOON. But how will I eat my cereal now?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I could get on board with biopics of fast-food tycoons provided that they are genuinely interesting people with interesting stories, but the day Hollywood starts making feature film blockbusters around cereal mascots is the day I stop watching movies. I want to be both an actor and a writer, but if I see that industry that I want to someday immerse myself in become that devoid of creativity, then I'll stop giving them my money until they start doing better.

SurfKansas

Nov 25, 2008
Crimson_Dragoon said:
You know what? A "Rise of the Guardians" style mashup of cereal mascots would be awesome. I'd see it.
Or a mashup up fast food icons. Colonel Sanders, Dave Thomas, Ronald McDonald, the Taco Bell Chihuahua, Chuck E. Cheese. Have Seth MacFarlane direct and you've got comedy gold.

Paul10238

Feb 24, 2012
I must say that I'm really suprised in all this discussion that nobody mentioned the long, long, long rumored Food Fight movie that's been in development hell for the last 10-15 years. Turns out they actually already made it even though next to nobody saw it and a better film could be made of the idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodfight!