CoD of Duty Shoots Fish in a Barrel

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
CoD of Duty Shoots Fish in a Barrel

A hilarious take on the popular shooter franchise points out the obvious: a cod is a type of fish.

CODBLOPSII(Call of Duty: Black Ops II) is one of the stupidest acronyms of all time. A CoD of Duty, the premier shooting fish in a barrel simulator. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod]

The CoD of Duty "campaign" should take you about ten to fifteen minutes to complete. This is a deliberate move on the part of the game's creator, Ryan Evans, who likens the short and ultimately unfulfilling game to a standard FPS' single player campaign.

"A lot of the 'joke' is how I feel about the standard FPS single player campaigns. Short, not terribly interesting, and completely over the top with their story elements."

You'll start off shooting fish in a barrel with a pistol, but as the game progresses, gun-toting fish will enter the fray, and your arsenal will expand to include an assault rifle and a rocket launcher. It's not a particularly challenging game, but it's somewhat satisfying to see the fish explode in an exaggerated torrent of gore after you so much as graze them with a bullet. Evans indicated that he wished to include an underwater level and a co-op mode, but felt that the joke might have gotten too old if the game dragged on too long.

The game was made as part of the full source code, [http://www.onegameamonth.com/] if you wish.

Source: Rjevans.net [http://rjevans.net/post/41629208761/cod-of-duty-the-premier-first-person-shooting-fish-in]

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
It needs a multiplayer, with several "maps" which consist of a single room in different colors (brown, tan, white, and grey, of course) with spawn points in each corner, and all characters by default spam grenades every 2 seconds unless you hold a key to make them not do that.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Who cares about single player campaigns, doesn't this person know that all games these days need to have a multiplayer competent tacked on to be considered good?

Jokes aside, it's cute commentary.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
Best. Game. Ever. That final boss was awesome.
Yeah. I played it a couple days ago when it came up on RPS, and that ending is pretty much perfect. It's not really much of a game itself, but it does a great job of poking fun at other shooters and is totally worth the 10-15 minutes it takes to run through it.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Anybody else have problems with the controls? It seemed like I spent half the time just trying to get my damn cursor lined up.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Wait this isn't an official Call of Duty game? I couldn't tell the difference.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Best Game 2013. Masterful soundtrack, beautiful graphics, perfect story direction. 423/10.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
You wasted a one-month game project on a low blow against CoD? Dude, get some new ideas, this one is overused.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Sylveria said:
Wait this isn't an official Call of Duty game? I couldn't tell the difference.
Really? The lack of quicktime events gave it away for me.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
This man deserves a medal.

And another one for the Minecraft-esque graphics. Pretty sure that's just the limitations of whatever he was working with, but I find it adds some charm to his work.

Apr 5, 2012
tangoprime said:
It needs a multiplayer, with several "maps" which consist of a single room in different colors (brown, tan, white, and grey, of course) with spawn points in each corner, and all characters by default spam grenades every 2 seconds unless you hold a key to make them not do that.
Also all of those rooms have to come in separate $15 DLC packs.