Worms for Facebook Busts Out of Beta, Now Available to All

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Worms for Facebook Busts Out of Beta, Now Available to All

Worms goes social with Facebook title.

By and large, Facebook games are mostly garbage, but if there's one thing that will get me to wade through the knee-deep waters of farming nonsense and mafia simulations, it's a Worms title. Team 17's iconic, turn-based battle game is now available to play on Facebook [http://apps.facebook.com/playworms/], complete with multiplayer and the adorable art style we've come to expect from the franchise.

You can play single-player tutorial missions against an A.I. opponent, or invite up to three friends from your Facebook list to battle with you. There appears to be a healthy selection of familiar weapons on offer, and there's a reward system in the form of both XP and coins which can be used for purchases. Of course, there's also the option to drop actual cash on in-game currency, with prices ranging from $2.00 to $150.00 - Yes, you read that last number correctly.

A friendly tip for those who might be confused by the entire indestructible tutorial level: Actual matchups do feature destructible landscapes. I mean, what would Worms be without battlegrounds filled with giant, gaping holes in the ground?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That's it, global productivity just flat lined.

The world is going to spin into chaos and we'll all be too busy playing Worms against everyone else to care, it shall be glorious!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I was so excited, but it looks like eventually you won't be able to continue playing against AI without paying real money? Also frag grenades are nerfed :(

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
That's it, global productivity just flat lined.

The world is going to spin into chaos and we'll all be too busy playing Worms against everyone else to care, it shall be glorious!
So this is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a concrete donkey.

If Facebook had started with Worms and it's ilk instead of the awful Zynga crap, they probably would have seen much higher numbers for far longer.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
what if

and this might be a crazy thought

what if we just bought an actual copy of worms instead

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Can't try now, any Info on what kind of stuff you have to purchase?

If it's weapons or anything regarding the gameplay, you can just junk the game right there.

If it's just customization stuff, i can see myself playing some multiplayer matches.
While it is true that you can just buy a "real" Worms Game, it's a pretty good start when playing with friends who cannot or don't want to buy the game, or when you playing with someone who actually has a Worms Game, but not the same as yours (remember, there are kind of a lot of them)