Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Many Frenchmen Die in Multiplayer March of the Eagles Mayhem

Viva la France!

Read Full Article

oliver.begg

Oct 7, 2010
how did you find the hold overs from the aeogod (they where paradox france) in the game?

otherwise it sounds very much like CK2 or EU3 when several players blob and then start a euro fight, which really is the point of the game i supose

Jan 12, 2012
Never really liked grand strategy games on multiplayer; to me, the best part about them is that I can set aside the frantic pace of other games and take my time to comprehensively survey my realm and decide upon the best course of action, changing things step-by-step and knowing that when I hit the "end turn" button it's because I have the most perfect arrangement.

Lien

Jan 11, 2010
I don't usually play the big bad guys
Stop... stop... STOP! you gonna let a huge wage of pro french historian bursting in this comment section! EVERYONE RUN!

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Never really liked grand strategy games on multiplayer; to me, the best part about them is that I can set aside the frantic pace of other games and take my time to comprehensively survey my realm and decide upon the best course of action, changing things step-by-step and knowing that when I hit the "end turn" button it's because I have the most perfect arrangement.
I feel the same way, in fact after 20-30 minutes of Chivalry I switch over to a gsg to chill out. That said, playing CK2 with friends is really fun, and as the host I control the speed!

oliver.begg

Oct 7, 2010
i think its a steam distro and patch game, you can still copy paste it out of steam if you want, but johan mentioned that the cost of maintaing several diffrent lines of the same game was becoming a waste, and steam allows far easier patching

basicly you get good steam, without the DRM

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Lien said:
Stop... stop... STOP! you gonna let a huge wage of pro french historian bursting in this comment section! EVERYONE RUN!
The French were only the bad guys if you're very anti-imperialist. It'd be pretty hypocritical of us Brits to talk about the evils of Napoleon, so we just settle for calling the French cheese-eating surrender monkeys. They're not morally bad, they just suck.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Thyunda said:
Lien said:
The French were only the bad guys if you're very anti-imperialist. It'd be pretty hypocritical of us Brits to talk about the evils of Napoleon, so we just settle for calling the French cheese-eating surrender monkeys. They're not morally bad, they just suck.
So what you are saying to fend off criticism from people who are into military history is that the problem with Napoleon wasn't that he was a "baddie" but that he sucked at war?

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
More Fun To Compute said:
Thyunda said:
Lien said:
So what you are saying to fend off criticism from people who are into military history is that the problem with Napoleon wasn't that he was a "baddie" but that he sucked at war?
Nope. The problem with Napoleon was that he was too good to be French. He's Corsican. And while that was politically French, geographically it was not. THEREFORE. Napoleon was special. A Corsican leader of the French.

And that is why he gave everyone such a hard time.

pnmst

Feb 5, 2013
Lien said:
You mean "Anyone who knows even the tiniest sliver of European history"?

Napoleon created the code napoleon, abolished slavery, and didn't burn down the capital city of a neutral nation.
That pretty much disqualifies him from the role of bad guy in this, or any, context.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Thyunda said:
Nope. The problem with Napoleon was that he was too good to be French. He's Corsican. And while that was politically French, geographically it was not. THEREFORE. Napoleon was special. A Corsican leader of the French.

And that is why he gave everyone such a hard time.
And Charlemagne was Belgian. Maybe you have something...

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
This is a Paradox game, France is the big bad guy because in every game of any game that has France as a faction what happens if you leave them alone is that the entire continent will become a big blue blob. Cursed Frenchmen!

Can't wait for this really, its like Vicky 2 but without the complicated Economics system which i have trouble with. Emphasis on combat? yes please!