Mega Man 2 Hits 3DS eShop This Week

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Mega Man 2 Hits 3DS eShop This Week

Everyone's favorite Mega Man title will appear on February 7.

Building on its plan to release all six original Mega Man titles on the 3DS eShop [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121139-First-Six-Mega-Man-Titles-Hitting-3DS-eShop], Capcom will release Mega Man 2 on Nintendo's handheld on February 7. If you haven't already played through the original NES releases of Mega Man, this entry is the perfect place to start.

While the first Mega Man title was a wee bit rough around the edges - and only featured 6 robot bosses - Mega Man 2 is seen by many as the best title in the series' long and storied history. Unlike the later entries, Mega Man 2 features no sliding (introduced in Mega Man 3) and no charge shot (introduced in Mega Man 4). The absence of these arguably undesirable features, combined with some of the best boss characters in the series, has made it a favorite among classic gaming enthusiasts.

Like the previous release of the original Mega Man title, the Blue Bomber's second outing will be priced at $4.99 (€4.99). Capcom plans to release the remaining four classic Mega Man titles throughout the rest of the year.

Source: Nintendo Life [http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/nintendo_download_7th_february_2013_europe]

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
So is it happening February 7th or November 7th? The article says both.
When are they going to get around to putting Oracle of Ages/Seasons in the EShop?

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Souplex said:
So is it happening February 7th or November 7th? The article says both.
When are they going to get around to putting Oracle of Ages/Seasons in the EShop?
ages and seasons actually might make me purchase it for my 3DS. I love MM2 but really I have so many versions of it I don't need it on my 3DS.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Personally, this news just gives me a new excsue to post this:
<youtube=R6L9bUouDr8>
Ahhh... the memories...

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
"The absence of these arguably undesirable features" HELL Yeah I'd Argue That! Slide and charge rock. I'm I the only one in the world with Mega Man 6 as their favorite?

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I think that this video fits perfectly.
But Megaman 3 is still my favorite from the classics.
Original
English

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Zer0Saber said:
"The absence of these arguably undesirable features" HELL Yeah I'd Argue That! Slide and charge rock. I'm I the only one in the world with Mega Man 6 as their favorite?
No, MM6 is my second favorite. The introduction of the Rush Adapters is one of the series biggest innovations. MM5 is my personal fav, despite the cop out, ProtoMan being the bad guy to my younger self was a terrifying thought.. Shit got personal..

Also Proto Castle:

That's badass!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I have to say, I don't give a shit about Capcom not making a new game and not releasing on 3DS. I love Megaman, don't get me wrong, but stop porting old ass titles and just make a new Megaman Title, as a matter of fact, make it MegamanX, I always liked that series better.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Baresark said:
I have to say, I don't give a shit about Capcom not making a new game and not releasing on 3DS. I love Megaman, don't get me wrong, but stop porting old ass titles and just make a new Megaman Title, as a matter of fact, make it MegamanX, I always liked that series better.
They had Legends 3. Then they canned it in favor of a remake of a game that came out a few months earlier.

This just screams "Buy it because we tell you to, and if you don't then no more MM."