Capcom Goes Retro With Cabinet Collection

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Capcom Goes Retro With Cabinet Collection

Fourteen Capcom titles are confirmed in the arcade collection, with sixteen more to follow.

If you long to be able to revisit Capcom's arcade glory days, take heart: Capcom has confirmed that, for its 30th Anniversary, an arcade classics collection will be released as digital downloads for Xbox 360 and PS3. What's more, Capcom's revealed fourteen of the thirty titles to be included in the Capcom Arcade Cabinet collection.

Welcome to the land of nostalgia:

? 1942
? 1943
? Avengers
? Black Dragon
? Exed Exes
? Gun.Smoke
? Legendary Wings
? Makaimura
? Mercs
? Pirate Ship Higemaru
? Section Z
? Side Arms Hyper Dyne
? SonSon
? Trojan

"We're holding the Capcom Arcade Cabinet cards close to our chest for now, but we'll be releasing full details regarding dates, pricing, specific titles, and everything else on February 7th," said a Capcom spokesman.

Source: VG24/7 [http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/06/capcom-arcade-cabinet-gets-14-confirmed-games/]
Image: The International Arcade Museum [http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6766]

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Well, before the inevitable flamestorm of Capcom hate rolls in, I suppose I should say that this is pretty nice. I guess. Granted, I've never heard of any of those games before. :/

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I would hope they release the 2 Dungeons and Dragons arcade side scrollers. Those 2 are in my top 10 all time favorite arcade machines. Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
1942?
1942!?
Machine at the local kebab shop, your days are numbered.
I've spent way to much money on playing that game.

gentlemanghost

Jul 7, 2011
When I saw "Avengers," I had hopes that it was the 4-player "Captain America and the Avengers".....until I remembered that game was made by Data East and not Capcom

Colinmac93

Mar 20, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Now if only Konami would re-release the Simpsons Arcade game.
It was re-released last year. It's on XBLA and PSN.

OT: This looks like a rather good collection. Hopefully it won't cost too much.