Go Off-Roading With Crossbows in Battlefield 3: End Game Screens

Timothy Chang

painkillers and whiskey
Jun 5, 2012
Go Off-Roading With Crossbows in Battlefield 3: End Game Screens

(Professionals on closed course. Do not try this at home.)

A handful of screenshots concerning Battlefield 3's fifth DLC pack are making the rounds. The images suggest that there will be an obscene amount of dirt biking involved, and players can look forward to riding pillion as they launch RPGs left and right with reckless abandon.

[gallery=1041]

The expansion will include two new AA vehicles and a dropship to ferry troops through the air and onto objectives. Four new maps will be added to the rotation, each one inspired by the four seasons and "all designed for high speed combat".

Series veterans will also be pleased to see the return of the Capture the Flag and Air Superiority game modes, and achievement junkies can satisfy their fix with new Assignments, Achievements and Dog Tags to unlock.

Admittedly, the screens are rather tame compared to the frenetic, action-saturated gameplay premieres of the Air Superiority [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK5f7az5dIY] game modes, but sometimes it's nice to sit back and take in the view without someone jumping in front of you, waving their knife in your face.

Battlefield 3: End Game will be $14.99 or 1200 MS Points, and is available March 2013.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Saw this in a video the other. All i could think was, sweeeeeeeeeet.

Think Joint Ops (Does anyone even remember that game?) with better graphs.

Looking forward to this.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
...first BlOps 2 with horses, now Battlefield with crossbows. Did I miss something? Are we trying to make medieval spunkgargleweewee now?

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
I honestly hope that the Dinosaurs that got promised a long time ago will show up somewhere in End Game.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I saw the crossbow's in action a week back and from the looks of it they mostly benefit the sniper recon class since you'd have to sacrifice an important piece of equipment which I don't think a medic,engineer and support would be willing to give up so it makes a little sense for the recon class to be paired with it.

I still own the 360 version but alas haven't bought any of the dlc since it's either bundled together and can end up somewhat wasteful and the other option is buying them one by one which in effect has been made to cost more which pushes me back to only the bundle choice.

Which is why I'll probably be skipping out on this yet again [sigh].

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
CROSSBOWS ON MOTORCYCLES!!!!
OT: I am excited for this, though I am betting all the maps on console will be too big for the 24 player server max making everything still feel empty. Hopefully they will add some more guns to unlock also.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Did I miss something? Are we trying to make medieval spunkgargleweewee now?
No, you missed the bit about rule of cool. Taking out a tank from the jump seat of a helicopter with an exploding crossbow bolt is completely absurd, but also cool.

The horses in Blops 2? I think that's a case running out of ideas syndrome, not least the extremely abrupt (and warning free) game overs that occur when you turn left instead of right.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I saw the crossbow's in action a week back and from the looks of it they mostly benefit the sniper recon class since you'd have to sacrifice an important piece of equipment which I don't think a medic,engineer and support would be willing to give up so it makes a little sense for the recon class to be paired with it.

I still own the 360 version but alas haven't bought any of the dlc since it's either bundled together and can end up somewhat wasteful and the other option is buying them one by one which in effect has been made to cost more which pushes me back to only the bundle choice.

The recon class will get something actually worth using except the motion sensor? Sounds like it should've been their earlier...

OT: Meh, the only DLC I have is back 2 karkand because I bought it day one or something, the rest is kinda expensive and I don't find BF3 very enjoyable...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
SkarKrow said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

The recon class will get something actually worth using except the motion sensor? Sounds like it should've been their earlier...

OT: Meh, the only DLC I have is back 2 karkand because I bought it day one or something, the rest is kinda expensive and I don't find BF3 very enjoyable...
I got BTK too and enjoyed it for some time until the 360 update brought in private servers which turned the pub ones unto tumble weeds and allowed rent server admins to kick people if they won which was my last line drawn.

I might give the PC version a try in the future maybe 6 months from now to see how things are.

Then again once I get that Wii U I'm pretty sure I'll be joining you for some fun =P.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
As a side note, has anyone else seen the night time mod for BF3?
Whilst there's some rough edges, BF3 in total darkness (as opposed to Death Valley style blue tint) looks incredible. Want it in ranked, want it now!

<youtube=dBre3xlimbg>

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
That bridge in the second screen shot looks like it belongs in Hazard County. Cool. One of my favorite things to do in BF3 is to tear around like the Duke boys and take jeeps off some sweet.jumps. I'm also welcoming the lack of highrise roof tops.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
SkarKrow said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

I got BTK too and enjoyed it for some time until the 360 update brought in private servers which turned the pub ones unto tumble weeds and allowed rent server admins to kick people if they won which was my last line drawn.

I might give the PC version a try in the future maybe 6 months from now to see how things are.

Then again once I get that Wii U I'm pretty sure I'll be joining you for some fun =P.
It was alright,t he Famas was a touch broken until the patch though and the L85 was really nice to use but otherwise I didn't enjoy the maps that much really over the originals, and there were few of those I really liked anyway. Seine Crossing was really good and Kharg Island had nice mountains to hide in, but otherwise I didn't like many.

It was fun but a few exploits reared up and took too long to fix, then the server thing basically ruined it on PS3 because it was impossible to get a standard game anymore.

I honestly prefer to just hop back on good old Bad Company 2, which is still well populated and a lot more fun to play.

Hell yeah, though Ican't think of a Wii U game I'm interested in until Monster Hunter :p

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Gearhead mk2 said:
...first BlOps 2 with horses, now Battlefield with crossbows. Did I miss something? Are we trying to make medieval spunkgargleweewee now?
You referenced a Zero Punctation video; your life now has meaning.

In all seriousness, medieval weaponry always makes things better.

You know why that's badass? Because sure, he's got a jetpack and a 50 caliber exploding handgun, but he's ripping that guy's throat out with electric wolverine claws. He doesn't care, he'll rip your damn face off. And it's also more interesting from an aesthetics standpoint, as well as being more memorable.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
SkarKrow" post="7.400664.16476306 said:
I honestly prefer to just hop back on good old Bad Company 2, which is still well populated and a lot more fun to play.
/quote]

The console version? I just played a match and it was 5 a side on Conquest...

OT: The crossbow seems like a really nice addition but it doesn't change how I feel about BF3... I really hope BF4 is as fun as BC2. And doesn't use that stupid blue filter.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
As a side note, has anyone else seen the night time mod for BF3?
Whilst there's some rough edges, BF3 in total darkness (as opposed to Death Valley style blue tint) looks incredible. Want it in ranked, want it now!

<youtube=dBre3xlimbg>
That looks so awesome, If they can get it to make the player casts shadows (It seemed like the player didn't have a shadow when the guy shone the tac light on him) it will be an amazing mod.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
looks nice. just in that time i will be too busy playing tomb raider and guild wars 2. well, have to see what i feel like at that time.