Sudden Flurry Of Domain Protection For Wolfenstein And Kain

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Sudden Flurry Of Domain Protection For Wolfenstein And Kain

CSC Corporate Domains was busy over the weekend, registering URLs for some familiar occult Nazi and vampire titles.

CSC Corporate Domains - best known as an URL registration intermediary - has laid claim to two suspiciously familiar domains: warfornosgoth.com, and wolfenstein-spiel.com. Neither URL leads anywhere fun right now, but who knows what the future will bring?

The a very long while [http://whois.domaintools.com/wolfenstein-spiel.com].

Anything's possible but, of course, we don't even really know who asked CSC Corporate Domains to register the URLs in the first place; cautious optimism is called for. Particularly when dealing with magic-wielding Nazis and jawless ghosts.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/supererogatory]

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Oh yeah, there was a Wolfenstein title released in 2009, wasn't there. Never played it, was it any good?

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
VanQQisH said:
Oh yeah, there was a Wolfenstein title released in 2009, wasn't there. Never played it, was it any good?
Decidedly mediocre. Not 'bad,' per say, but nothing you'd ever go back to play again. I can't even recall that much about it.

OT: Kain?! Kainkainkainkainkainkainkainkainkainkainkainkainkain! Kain! KAIN!! Oh, please let this be something. A new title, a remake, I'd take anything. Gaming needs Kain right now.

New Wolfenstein title, too, yeah yeah, blah blah blah. KAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory are two of my favourite fps games. I was so excited for the new Wolfenstein title that came out in 2009 but it was so.. meh? Really disappointing.

I really miss the old Quake 3 engine though, back in my youth I was quite an accomplished trick jumper, they just don't make games like that anymore..

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
I'll be willing to go to Nosgoth, find Mobius' time chamber, & skip to the future myself to play a new Legacy of Kain game

Want. want. WANT!

Nihlus2

Feb 8, 2011
On the account of Legacy of Kain; sounds like an MMO'ish title, which has me worried... that is usually the step just before making a racing game in the gaming industry.

However! Right now just hearing this about Legacy of Kain possibly returning has me all excited beyond belief. Although if they do not cast Simon Templeman and Michael Bell for Kain and Raziel it just won't be the same at all.

Here's hoping that they will treat this franchise with care as they revive it... if they revive it.

Leonbelmont64

Jun 7, 2010
well they need Simon Templeman for Kain but if you played the last game Raziel is dead now if you remember he sacrificed himself so that Kain's Soul Reaver blade would become fully powered.

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
Nihlus2 said:
On the account of Legacy of Kain; sounds like an MMO'ish title, which has me worried... that is usually the step just before making a racing game in the gaming industry.

However! Right now just hearing this about Legacy of Kain possibly returning has me all excited beyond belief. Although if they do not cast Simon Templeman and Michael Bell for Kain and Raziel it just won't be the same at all.
Given the ending to Defiance, I'd say the title could be referring to what was being set up there. Besides, how would an MMO in that setting even work? I suppose it could work in the era between Blood Omen and Soul Reaver where you could join one of the clans of Kain's "sons" or possibly during the war between the Hylden and the vampires. Other than that I have a hard time imagining how they could make that work.

Agree 100% on the voice acting. Without Templeman and Bell, things just won't be the same. Those voices more than anything define that franchise for me and I honestly can't imagine a proper LoK-game without them.

JakobBloch

Apr 7, 2008
Huh? That's kinda odd. I just replayed Soulreaver, Soulreaver 2 and Defiance recently (I did not have access to Blood Omen or Blood Omen 2... not sure what happened to them... I blame former roommates). Seeing this gives hope. Let just hope it does not become an MMO. If I remember correctly (and I might well not) War for Nosgoth has been a possible title that has been knocking around since before Defiance.

As for Wolfenstein. Don't really care. I am going to have a look if it becomes something but whether it becomes something or not will no affect my mood.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Another Legacy of Kain game would be spectacular! It does remind and sadden me that the great Tony Jay is still dead however :(

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
New Legacy of Kain? Awesome! I remember renting Blood Omen as a kid, expecting a horror game and getting something completely different and loving it!

Here's hoping they don't pull a DmC and reboot Kain into a pretty boy vampire, or something else completely stupid and out of character. I can see them trying to appeal to Twilight fans since the guy is a vampire and all. "Kain was a vampire trying to damn all humanity, until he fell in love!" Eeeegh.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
New Kain games would be great. Defiance was a decidedly lack-luster end to the series.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the original writer of Legacy of Kain doing Uncharted now?
Would that mean that they would have to get a different person to do the job, so the writing wouldn't be as good any more?
Would they ask Amy Hennig to come back?
Whatever happens, I remain as sceptical as ever, but hopeful for things to come.

Oh, and I don't care about Wolfenstein.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
So long as its not like Blood Omen 2... GIVE ME MORE LEGACY OF KAIN!

Plot spoilers below
I want to see how Kain acts now he is free of the corruption of the circle due to Razael's self sacrifice. I also want to see Tentacle Mc Gee (Also known as The Elder God) get a good stab in the eye again.