Children's Choir of teh Internet Sings "6 Days of Minecraft"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Children's Choir of teh Internet Sings "6 Days of Minecraft"

The man who turned a children's choir rendition of "Still Alive" into a viral hit is back with a Valentine tune about Minecraft.

Remember when the Gifford Children's Choir knocked it out of the park with an amazing rendition [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99500-Childrens-Choir-Sings-Still-Alive] of the Portal track "Still Alive?" Choir director Jack Senzig has moved on to other things since then, the Children's Choir of teh Internet being of particular relevance to our interests, and now, after months of work, Senzing and company have released their latest effort, "6 Days of Minecraft."

"I like Minecraft because my own children can play it and for its usefulness as a creative playground," Senzig said. And while an Indiegogo [http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/children-s-choir-of-teh-internet-6-days-of-minecraft-video] campaign to fund the creation of the song and video failed to meet its target, it was still a valuable experience. "I have enjoyed trying to learn new ways to promote and fund music programs through the internet," he continued. "Each step and misstep has been an education."

It's not bad, eh? I think I prefer the "Still Alive" light show and the new video doesn't have the emotional release of the crowd's reaction at the end, but the song is a lot of fun and the Minecraft gameplay crossover, which was apparently built entirely by hand in Survival mode, works really well.

The Children's Choir of teh Internet also recently recorded a track for the upcoming ourmusicallife.com [http://www.cloudcult.com/home.cfm].

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Portal 2 track "Still Alive?"????

Hand over your gamer badge sir.

OT: It is cool I guess?

KILGAZOR

Magnificent Retard
Dec 27, 2010
"Children of teh Internet"

Really? "teh"? This is easily the most cancerous thing I have heard of in awhile. Adapting a classic song to anything pop culture is not clever. It is not funny. It is overdone and unoriginal. Plus, it's a little late to jump on the Minecraft bandwagon, isn't it? I'm sure it's fun for the kids are actually singing, but otherwise who gives a shit? This isn't gaming news.

joinchoir

meme meme meme
Apr 4, 2010
KILGAZOR said:
"Children of teh Internet"

Really? "teh"? This is easily the most cancerous thing I have heard of in awhile. Adapting a classic song to anything pop culture is not clever. It is not funny. It is overdone and unoriginal. Plus, it's a little late to jump on the Minecraft bandwagon, isn't it? I'm sure it's fun for the kids are actually singing, but otherwise who gives a shit? This isn't gaming news.
Yes it is a little late, but these things take time. This was an original song, not adapted. Try finding a symbol that would unite the virtual choir and the real choir. "Teh" was a great way to say what our choir is in three letters! The high school boys in the blue grass band covered Still Alive on Mandolin and violin on YouTube, so I brought them from 6 hours away to play with the choir OT coined as the Still Alive choir. I don't know, I feel kind of clever.