Brutal Legend Coming to PC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Brutal Legend Coming to PC

Double Fine is about to rock your mouse and keyboard.

Remember all the outrage that erupted when Double Fine revealed that Brutal Legend would be a console exclusive, despite its most natural platform obviously being the PC? I suppose it's possible that I'm misremembering, and that all the outrage and uproar was limited to me. Either way, we're going to find out pretty soon if I was right.

Double Fine announced today that Brutal Legend is coming to the PC, and in fact it's up for preorder on Steam at this very moment in both a standard release and a "Soundtrack Edition" bundled with Peter McConnell's original score. The regular version of the game will retail for $19.99 and the Soundtrack Edition will go for $24.99, but both can be had before launch at a 25 percent discount. Ordering the game now will also earn purchasers two exclusive Team Fortress 2 items, Eddie Riggs' hair and his guitar Clementine, as well as access to the Brutal Legend multiplayer beta that's currently underway.

"Adding a PC release to Brutal Legend's list of conquests risks raising the world's ambient Metal saturation to dangerously high levels, which is why we're conducting this closed beta test for preorders," Double Fine frontman Tim Schafer explained.

The PC version of the game will offer improved visuals over the console releases with higher resolutions, better anti-aliasing and screen-space ambient occlusion. "Major improvements" to lag issues in multiplayer, especially in large games, and further PC-specific improvements are planned. Double Fine hasn't settled on a release date just yet but promised to announce something soon. In the meantime, you can get ready to rock out with your mouse and keyboard out at Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/].

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Don't need it: I was one of the few to actually get this game around launch time for the PS3 (Wish I gotten it on Xbox 360, but our PS3 was barren at this time, so we chose the PS3). I liked it a lot, but the Multiplayer is barren and you really only wanna play story mode once...

So, don't need it for the PC.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Fucken awesome, I never thought this would come to the pc, seems like soon Ill have a reason to play it again. Hopefully this time its successful and we can get a sequel.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
The first hour of the game makes it seem like it's going to be amazing, but then it quickly does a nosedive into mediocrity once your forced to manage units. Can't say I care, probably won't even pick it up during a Steam sale.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
You know, I was just reading the Duke Nukem 3D release to steam news report thinking, why are they reporting on this when the way more metal Brutal Legend is heading to PC so shortly. I even started typing a comment before changing my mind. And now, all is good with the world, and a pre-order shall be mine.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
Don't need it: I was one of the few to actually get this game around launch time for the PS3 (Wish I gotten it on Xbox 360, but our PS3 was barren at this time, so we chose the PS3). I liked it a lot, but the Multiplayer is barren and you really only wanna play story mode once...

So, don't need it for the PC.
Yeah I got it first time too and it was really good imo. I enjoyed the open world,t he driving and the hack n slashery and the story.

Shame it felt so rushed, I mean the glam rockers got like 5 times as long to themselves as the goths or death metal gimps did!

I qould gladly welcome a sequel though the RTS elements were extremely meh.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Hold on. This is on Steam? Not Origin? *checks store* Holy crap, Double Fine is listed as the publisher! How the hell did they manage to wrest control away from EA? It took them like six years to get Psychonauts out from under the thumb of Majesco, and Majesco's not even... well, EA!

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Gonna get this, because metal.

And yes i can have such a stupid reason to get a game.

Also, steam sales.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
As awesome as this news is and as much as I respect Double Fine, I think I'll wait for the inevitable Steam sale sometime down the road, mainly because I don't have much money to spare at the moment.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I already own it on the 360, bought it multiple times actually over the years.

However, I'm a major sucker for Double Fine titles. I'm sold. Again.

[sub]Also, TF2 hats. Woo![/sub]

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I've never been able to finish it with the Xbox controls, if they are getting out of all or nothing then I'll have to get it eventually.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I played this back when it first came out for the 360 and I really liked it. I have been wanting to play it again and it seems like I will be able to. I am happy to see it is coming to Steam.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Did we just time warp back to 2008? Halo 2 servers still open, a Brutal Legend announcement, and a Duke Nukem 3D+? Why did we suddenly go retro? Not that I'm complaining.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I have it for the PS3 and LOVE IT.

I hope to see the release date being soon, yeah?

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
I really enjoyed this game when I got it for PS3. It's just so damn Metal, can you not like it? I'll be grabbing a copy off Steam for sure.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Did we just time warp back to 2008? Halo 2 servers still open, a Brutal Legend announcement, and a Duke Nukem 3D+? Why did we suddenly go retro? Not that I'm complaining.
Hard to complain 2008 was a good year.