Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Bungie's Words of Destiny

Bungie's next big thing is a "shared world shooter."

Read Full Article

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
It feels like a cross between Halo, Fallout, and... Guild Wars? Is that the same artist behind Guild wars who's doing this artwork? I still think it looks cool, depending on what platform it's for I might look into getting it.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I don't know exactly what to think given that it's a lot of big talk but little real content. It's sort of like a verbal version of a teaser trailer. As a concept, though, it sounds all well and good with some neat details.

I am curious about the choice to do it on 360/PS3 though. That seems like a mistake to me at this point given that we're likely to see at least one next gen system by the end of the year.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
dragongit said:
It feels like a cross between Halo, Fallout, and... Guild Wars? Is that the same artist behind Guild wars who's doing this artwork? I still think it looks cool, depending on what platform it's for I might look into getting it.
I see more Lost Planet 2 with a hint of Halo, Mass Effect, and EVE Online. Also more MMO elements while still being an FPS.

But seriously, this looks awesome.

Still, I can't help but feel like they could announce this game as a release title along side the next Xbox and the next PS3. It would totally give them some space to do more shit on that game.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
The lack of a PC option is very disappointing, I loving the look on other fronts and I hope they pull it off. Bungie has been one of my favorite developers just based on personality so I hope they find just as much success.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Well they've certainly got my full attention. I have some doubts, but I also think it sounds awesome.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
looks very interesting, with my PC options limited and the desire to experience a mmo-ish feel, hopefully this get it done right, but like alwaysI take this with some salt, gameplay needs to be good (and for the love of god no weapon loadout restrictions)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
This looks intriguing, and right now I'm genuinely interested.

Hopefully they'll bring in the same composer who did the soundtrack for the Halo games for this. That would be cool

Another

Mar 19, 2008
They can say it's not an MMO all they want, but it sure as hell still sounds like one.

This sounds like a really REALLY cool game and one I would be all over if it were single player, but the online stuff kinda kills it for me. My connection kind of sucks and I don't really play games to connect with others because that's what I do all day. Hopefully there will be an offline option, but I'm not holding my breath.

obedai

Mar 19, 2010
Colonel Mustard said:
Hopefully they'll bring in the same composer who did the soundtrack for the Halo games for this. That would be cool
They are, you can see Marty in the video. I am very intrigued by this. The world looks interesting, but then the Halo world is interesting too, and they never managed to bring that out very well in the games. The seamless co-op feature is very interesting. If they do it well, that could be absolutely amazing. I'm hopeful, but I don't want to get too excited. It probably wont come out for a long time.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ok, if its really as good as it sounds, then Activision might end up with another lisence to print money.

At the very least id like to hope it tightens the noose around the MMS subgenre, clearing the way for more sci-fi and fantasy shooters.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
No gameplay footage, no details, and yet they're beginning to take pre-orders.

Might wanna, ya know... do something... before asking us to shill out our money.

I mean, its Bungie, but most of the crew that made Bungie's one famous endeavor aren't on the project. As far as I'm concerned, there is no consumer goodwill built up with them. The QA of their previous titles is cleaned when they throw on a whole new crew.

If they wanna have their PR teams send out a bunch of concept art, fine. I get it - thats how the business works. But actually show something for the game before you start saying "Yeah, you can put money down." A blurb and some cool concept art aren't enough to get the hype going.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
Reallt dissapointed in the lack of PC release, as well as the fact that there will be no cross console interaction. If this does end up as big as Bungie hopes, there will be constant debate over which console's version is better (or one might be the obvious winner is which case the other console will be shit out of luck). I do like that they are not going with a subscription though.

I'm also wondering how they want to pull off a 10 year game on consoles that are on the verge of being replaced.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Uber Waddles said:
No gameplay footage, no details, and yet they're beginning to take pre-orders.

Might wanna, ya know... do something... before asking us to shill out our money.

I mean, its Bungie, but most of the crew that made Bungie's one famous endeavor aren't on the project. As far as I'm concerned, there is no consumer goodwill built up with them. The QA of their previous titles is cleaned when they throw on a whole new crew.

If they wanna have their PR teams send out a bunch of concept art, fine. I get it - thats how the business works. But actually show something for the game before you start saying "Yeah, you can put money down." A blurb and some cool concept art aren't enough to get the hype going.
Baby steps my friend, baby steps. The gameplay will be out before too long. They'd be crazy not to. They're probably still polishing it. Probably. This is more of an announcement than anything else.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Like most people here I'm surprised this has been announced for the current console generation but I'm also quite glad; I'm not ready to wave goodbye to my Xbox 360 yet.

I have a lot of faith in Bungie. The Halo series is one of my favourite franchises and unlike most they knew when to bail. However, only time will tell if their good intentions can be translated into a fantastic game. I like the concepts so far; hopefully it'll be every bit as epic and ridiculous as Halo's world was.