Square Enix Asks You To Solve Your Own Murder

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Square Enix Asks You To Solve Your Own Murder

O'Connor, the hero of Murdered: Soul Suspect, never lost a fight ... until now.

Take a good look: that's the hero of the story, about to find out whether the pavement is harder than his head. That, and maybe a few other things, gives you a really good reason to want the other fella dead, and Square Enix is hoping that the lure of solving your own murder will entice you into its latest project: Murdered: Soul Suspect.

You play as Detective O'Connor, formerly of Salem, Massachusetts, now residing in the nearest morgue. "I lived through it all," says he, courtesy of may indicate your first port of call [http://www.facebook.com/Murdered/notes]; unless it's a coincidence that you happened to take your final dive right in front of what looks suspiciously like a psychic's shopfront.

There's not much to go on at the moment, and you've a while to wait before you get your hands on this one. Early 2014, for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, is the best Square Enix is prepared to do at this point.

Source: murdered.com [http://www.murdered.com/]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Looks Neat. I might get this on the Xbox (Or if it does come for the WiiU, then the WiiU).

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
I get the same feeling from this as I did when I saw the first teaser for Dishonored. I'm excited.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It looks like I've been...

*Puts on sunglasses*

...ghosted. [http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/]

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
There was a ps2 game where you had to basically do a Groundhogs day (even though it was May Eve) thing and repeatedly solve your own murder because apparently you were pretty well doomed 6 times over that day.

Another game, Tugunai: Atonement had your soul body-jacking people and helping them to break a curse.

This game however doesn't interest me, and the fact that SE is making it actually turns that disinterest into actively avoiding any and all future news about it.

Thats what happens when you tank your company for a decade or so, your fans eventually get wise to the fact that your best work was in the 1990s.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Is this a new IP, or a reboot/rehash of something I've never heard of? Because I like new IP's. Reboots are fine, too, though. Sometimes.

Anyway, YEAH NEW IP!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks pretty interesting, and a like the idea! Haven't played quite anything with a story like that before.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
That's cool it is coming to the PC. It sounds like a pretty interesting game. I can't wait to play it.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Solve your murder huh? Where have I heard that before...

Oh yeah!

Sorry Square, concept has been done!

OT: Looks cool, but I am still getting a huge Ghost Trick vibe...for obvious reasons.
yep
it's Ghost Trick with a fatter budget and less charme

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
FreedomofInformation said:
There was a ps2 game where you had to basically do a Groundhogs day (even though it was May Eve) thing and repeatedly solve your own murder because apparently you were pretty well doomed 6 times over that day.
Do you mean Shadow of Memories?
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/800/82255_full.jpg
HAH! i was thinking about that as i read the article and watched the video. Yeah, Well...Shadow of Memories is a nice Adventure game, but it some really big issues on the gameplay side, so maybe SE could improve on that while giving us a story thats as good or better than SOM

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Want to solve ANY murder, much less your own? Have your soul follow Jessica Fletcher. End frickin' story.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
KoudelkaMorgan said:

Another game, Tugunai: Atonement had your soul body-jacking people and helping them to break a curse.

This game however doesn't interest me, and the fact that SE is making it actually turns that disinterest into actively avoiding any and all future news about it.

Thats what happens when you tank your company for a decade or so, your fans eventually get wise to the fact that your best work was in the 1990s.
Deus Ex: HR
Just Cause 2
Sleeping Dogs

just 3 games off the top of my head published by SE in the last few years that have been great.

OT: sounds interesting, I'll definently be keeping an eye on this.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I like it when Square-Enix try new IP's. I'll give it a chance, looks interesting enough.