Watch Dogs May Release for Wii U

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Watch Dogs May Release for Wii U

Ubisoft's open-world hacking game may hit Nintendo's latest console.

If you've been dying for Ubisoft's Watch Dogs but don't have an Xbox 360, PS3, or gaming-quality PC, you probably belong to a very small group of people. That said, you may also be in luck. Although the French publisher has not issued a formal announcement, its open-world hacking game could come to the Wii U around the end of 2013.

Information comes by way of listings at Best Buy [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGD6LMG/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_mih902], which peg the game as a pre-order with a possible release date of December 31, 2013. Promotional materials for the game indicated that it would make its way to "all home consoles," which gives further credence to the Wii U release possibility.

The big question is whether Ubisoft would leverage the Wii U's unusual controller in order to take advantage of Watch Dogs core gameplay features, which include hacking surveillance cameras and jamming cell phone signals. There's also some speculation as to whether Ubisoft may release the title for Microsoft and Sony's next-gen systems, which analysts anticipate will release before the end of the year. One thing is certain: Assuming the listings are accurate, Ubisoft wants a big release for Watch Dogs, and with a new IP, that's heartening to hear.

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/watch-dogs-coming-to-wii-u-6404125]

Dec 14, 2009
I've seen the footage, which is on PC.

Sorry, but after seeing how good it looks on PC, I'm gonna have to get it for that :D

Would be really cool to see how it utilises the Wii U controller though...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Could be tempted into getting it for the Wii U, if it uses the Gamepad well.

Even if it doesn't it is good to at least see someone putting stuff out for the Wii U, besides Nintendo.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Dear god, Watchdogs news! And here I was wondering if it was some beautiful dream cockteasing me with its loveliness.

Did I also imagine them saying something about interaction with smartphones, like you could hack stuff on someones game with an app?

Captcha: Hulk Smash. Bad hulk, save the smashing for the annoying exclusives that will undoubtedly be revealed for the ps4 later today.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I've seen the footage, which is on PC.

Sorry, but after seeing how good it looks on PC, I'm gonna have to get it for that :D

Would be really cool to see how it utilises the Wii U controller though...
You go get it for PC and I'll go get it for Wii U and you can have the best of your world and I can have the best of mine =D.

It's also been forever since we've had any actual Watch dogs news in a while.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Given the game's gimmick, it could potentially be perfect for the WiiU.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Well. This makes me happy. I certainly know which version I'm getting.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
Now that it's confirmed for PS4 as well, the most I can see coming out of this is being the first game to showcase the gap between the Wii U and the rest of next gen.