Witcher 3 Will Be 2014 PS4 Release

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Witcher 3 Will Be 2014 PS4 Release

"The new [PS4] hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great," says CD Projekt RED.

CD Projekt RED has been keeping its collective trap shut until now, because it wasn't allowed to spill any beans before Sony got its chance on stage. However in the wake of the PS4 announcement comes news from the Polish developer that its Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121934-UPDATE-The-Witcher-3-Really-Is-Geralts-Last-Adventure] title shall be a PS4 release, sometime in 2014.

"The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great," says CD Projekt's Adam Badowski. "We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house REDengine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display."

Badowski went on to say that the PS4 would give his team a chance to really play with some innovative design ideas. He's not prepared to say exactly when in 2014 we'll see Geralt's last adventure; for the moment, he's just happy to be one of the third party developers [https://twitter.com/AdamBadowski/status/304395427145461760] working on a PS4 title.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-confirmed-for-playstation-4-in-2014]

Broderick

May 25, 2010
I hope it isn't just PS4; considering the PS4's hardware, it will probably be even more expensive than the PS3. One can only hope though I suppose.

Edit: Thank you to all who has told me that The Witcher 3 will also definitely be on PC.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Broderick said:
I hope it isn't just PS4; considering the PS4's hardware, it will probably be even more expensive than the PS3. One can only hope though I suppose.
I can't see them not releasing it on PC at least at some point since CDProjekt have always been big advocates of the PC platform as well as no DRM.

Dec 14, 2009
'The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great'

Hate to be that guy, but hasn't the hardware to do something great been around long enough on, ya know, the PC?

Don't get me wrong, I like consoles and will most likely pick up next gen, but to pretend that console specs are something revolutionary, is quite frankly, ridiculous.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Witcher 2 had a 360 release, which didn't really effect the PC version.

Here's hoping they don't compromise the PC version for the PS4 one.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
If Crysis is the game PC gamers run on their PC to test them, the Witcher is the series they actually play.
Except that the games don't work. I loved what I got to play of both Witcher 1 and 2, but the constant CTDs made me give up on both of them. I've tried all 20 or so fixes on every forum I could find and there was absolutely no way I could get those games to not crash every 5-30 minutes. I'll hold off on getting Witcher 3 until I hear from multiple reliable sources that it doesn't crash frequently on pc. I really hope so, because I would honestly love to actually play a Witcher game.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Vaccine said:
Witcher 2 had a 360 release, which didn't really effect the PC version.
True but that was because it was released on the 360 a year later, although they did give us new content and aslong as TW3 is also a PC title then woo! more awsomesauce for everyone

Apr 28, 2008
Broderick said:
Zipa said:
Broderick said:
I can't see them not releasing it on PC at least at some point since CDProjekt have always been big advocates of the PC platform as well as no DRM.
Witcher 3 was first announced as a PC game. So yes, it'll be on the PC. I'm betting it will be a simultaneous release.

Dec 14, 2009
Hammeroj said:
Eh, that's about what they said in the previous. I suppose we know now it won't be coming on the new Xbox.
Daystar Clarion said:
Don't get me wrong, I like consoles and will most likely pick up next gen, but to pretend that console specs are something revolutionary, is quite frankly, ridiculous.
Oh boy, here comes the PC supremacist propaganda machine. How dare you insult me.

Why should people pay $3000 just to play games? Didn't you know that consoles still have a long way to go? They are totally very powerful, people just don't know it yet. Oh, and by the way, graphics don't even matter, stop being a graphics whore. Check mate, PC supremacist.
Not sure if serious...

I own consoles as well as a PC, so I have the best of both worlds.

Dec 14, 2009
Hammeroj said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Not sure if serious...
That was so over the top and absurd, it makes me sad about the people who actually set the expectations in these sorts of conversations that low.
I've been around here long enough to see both ends of the spectrum, so I was just checking :D

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Well, considering the likely expensive price, my already having a gaming PC and steam sales. Yeah, doubt I'll wait to pick up a PS4.