Dishonored Story DLC Shows You The Coin's Other Side

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Dishonored Story DLC Shows You The Coin's Other Side

Got time for a little bloodshed, Daud?

No word on when, or how much, but an unintentional achievement trophy reveal for the PS3 has let slip that story DLC is due for Dishonored [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120838-There-Will-Be-More-Dishonored]. Rats, slaughterhouses and nefarious doings are in someone's future, presumably Daud's, in The Other Side of the Coin.

The last time we saw DLC for this title, it was a challenge-based assault course, which - while interesting - didn't seem entirely in the spirit of go have a look at the trophy list [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121030-Dishonoreds-Dunwall-City-Trials-Hits-Consoles-Steam-Today] - but this one's definitely DLC for the story mavens. As per last time, there are achievements both for being a pacifist angel of sweetness and light, and a bloodthirsty, chaos-causing, sexy not-quite-shoeless god of war. You're gathering information in the least savory of places, but as for why or about what, you'll have to wait to find out.

When Dishonored [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119947-Choose-Your-Own-Dishonored-Adventure-With-New-Trailer] launched last year, it got a lot of respect for its open-ended approach to gameplay, allowing the player to choose how best to guide Corvo though the moral and physical maze of Dunwall. Judging by the achievement list, this DLC is crafted in that same spirit. Though only the PS3 achievement list is out, this one's also an Xbox 360 and PC title.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-25-dishonored-the-other-side-of-the-coin-dlc-spotted]

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I thought that the Dishonored DLC would let you play as the other assassin, you know, the one that killed the empress.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Was... was that an Order of the Stick reference?

Or was both this and OotS referencing some third thing of which I am unaware?

Anyway, maybe the DLC involves playing as Doud? The title seems to kind of imply something along those lines.

EDIT: Ninjas, fuckin' hell.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
erttheking said:
I thought that the Dishonored DLC would let you play as the other assassin, you know, the one that killed the empress.
Quite right. Adjusted!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Did it really get respect for it's 'Moral' choices? It's incredibly stark, simplistic, 'killin is bad in this here game about assasination' moral choices?

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
Did it really get respect for it's 'Moral' choices? It's incredibly stark, simplistic, 'killin is bad in this here game about assasination' moral choices?
Who said anything about moral choices? No one in this thread, so why bring it up? Dishonored is a game about choices, period, and moral choices and choices aren't the same. You can choose how to go about the game in almost every conceivable fashion, from entrances to exits to murder strategies to kidnapping and torture. THAT is what the game is praised and respected for, not because it has nonlethal options.

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
The game didn't say "killin is bad". It was more like "murdering the law enforcement in a city in chaos, in front of a child who looks up to you and is soon going to be in a position of power, will probably have some consequences".

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
Zhukov said:

I'm pleased that someone noticed the reference before me, it means there are a lot of fellow OOTS fans on the site!

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
LiMaSaRe said:
Zhukov said:

I'm pleased that someone noticed the reference before me, it means there are a lot of fellow OOTS fans on the site!
OOTS fan here (not a dishonored fan) and I'm missing the reference. Care to explain?

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
synobal said:
LiMaSaRe said:
Zhukov said:

OOTS fan here (not a dishonored fan) and I'm missing the reference. Care to explain?
Belkar has on a few occasions referred to himself as a "sexy shoeless god of war"

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
LiMaSaRe said:
synobal said:
LiMaSaRe said:
Zhukov said:

Belkar has on a few occasions referred to himself as a "sexy shoeless god of war"
Fellow Giant in the Playground forum-goer here. Let me help you with this.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Damn... I totally forgot about this game. The City Trials kinda put me off playing it again but this kinda makes me want to go back:)

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
LiMaSaRe said:
synobal said:
LiMaSaRe said:
Zhukov said:

scienceguy8 said:
LiMaSaRe said:
synobal said:
LiMaSaRe said:
Zhukov said:

Fellow Giant in the Playground forum-goer here. Let me help you with this.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html

Ahh my bad I just missed the reference in the post some how.