Join the Fight With The Escapist Live in Dust 514

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Alas, I don't have a PS3. I do have Eve though... and, if I decided to do a little spending, some pretty nasty warships I could float around. :eek:

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Looking into downloading now, Central time is GMT -6 right?
Just finished a up a contract with the merchent navy so i'm free all week for this. Will be looking forward to my first escapist event.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I remember playing DUST-514 back when it was only in PS+ Exclusive beta.

Maybe I should give the game another go and join you guys in the fray. :D

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
neonsword13-ops said:
I remember playing DUST-514 back when it was only in PS+ Exclusive beta.

Maybe I should give the game another go and join you guys in the fray. :D
I've been playing even longer than that.
*Puts on hipster glasses*

I just put my application in. Hopefully you guys got it.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Yureina said:
Alas, I don't have a PS3. I do have Eve though... and, if I decided to do a little spending, some pretty nasty warships I could float around. :eek:
I can't even THINK of a scenario where orbital bombardments wouldn't be awesome :)

Either way, I think the in-game chat spans across both DUST and EVE simultaneously.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Yureina said:
It's the same corporation in Eve. We're not presently involved in Factional Warfare, so our pilots won't be able to do supporting bombardments. Theoretically the interaction will expand beyond FW (0.0 Sovereignty, probably) at some point in the future.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
s0osleepie said:
Yureina said:
I can't even THINK of a scenario where orbital bombardments wouldn't be awesome :)

Either way, I think the in-game chat spans across both DUST and EVE simultaneously.
Correct, it does.

Lokoloshe

Nov 8, 2010
I've tried it out a bit and found myself put off by the complexity of the upgrade and advancement systems in place. Guess it's time to bust out a wiki and join in.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I'll be downloading and trying this out tomorrow. I'll dig out my ps3 headset, and annoy my EVE playing buddies until they come and bomb the shit out of the other guys.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
s0osleepie said:
Yureina said:

It certainly does I talk to my corp all the time while shooting people. And let me tell you it make orbital a much easier thing to time when you can say, "wait for it, wait for it, OK BURN EM!"

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
paulgruberman said:
Yureina said:
It's the same corporation in Eve. We're not presently involved in Factional Warfare, so our pilots won't be able to do supporting bombardments. Theoretically the interaction will expand beyond FW (0.0 Sovereignty, probably) at some point in the future.
I see. To be honest I don't really know how the interaction between the two games actually works in practice since i've not tried it. Been real busy lately, plus in Eve I tend to be more interested in expanding my swimming pool full of monies more than anything else. That and occasionally blowing stuff up. Was in the RvB-E-Uni war the other week. :)

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Yureina said:
paulgruberman said:
Yureina said:
I see. To be honest I don't really know how the interaction between the two games actually works in practice since i've not tried it. Been real busy lately, plus in Eve I tend to be more interested in expanding my swimming pool full of monies more than anything else. That and occasionally blowing stuff up. Was in the RvB-E-Uni war the other week. :)
Purple-Uni war Best war. OT, get involved in FW, Escapist Mag. Join Amarr-Caldari and we'll put those dirty slaves and hedonists down together, or Minnie-Gallente and I can bomb you guys, either way is fine, really.

universaltraveller

Apr 28, 2011
Haven't posted on these forums for ages, but I've been playing dust 514 for a while now, and it's one kittening awesome game. It takes a little getting used to, with the skills and stocking up your equipment, but once you start to figure it all out, you'll start killing with the best of 'em.

If you ever need help with anything, my corp will be sure to help, hit us up in our ingame chat channel; SPF. Shindig. You'll squad up with some awesome guys.

Also, how can we take on you escapist guys, are you just corp battling it up, or instant?

Catch you guys on the battlefield.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Yureina said:
To be honest I don't really know how the interaction between the two games actually works in practice since i've not tried it.
3 things I can count up.
*You can chat with people who are playing EVE Online.
*You can accept contracts, made by EVE corps to fight on specific maps, which represents a region on certain planets in the EVE universe. If your side wins the match, The corp that issued the contract gains control of that regions. Take over all the regions and the corp gains planetary control, which grants them some awesome benefits.
*If an Eve player, that's on your side, is in orbit of the planet that you're fighting on, you can choose to paint a target somewhere in the battlefield. If said player responds to the signal, he will rain cleansing fire over the area. Dust players need to paint a target, in order for eve players to start bombing the territory (so there's no fly-by trolling). Additionally, if the enemy side has Eve players supporting their war effort, your side can do something about it, by taking over certain installations that can target and fire back at the EVE ships in orbit.

Some reading material:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_514#Connection_to_Eve_Online
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-22-how-exactly-will-dust-514-and-eve-online-work-together

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I won't be joining you on the ground, but let me know which world you'll be fighting on, and I'll make sure to join you in the sky!