Rumor: Next Assassin's Creed Title is All About Pirates

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Rumor: Next Assassin's Creed Title is All About Pirates

Sources: Examiner [http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster]

Nov 28, 2007
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say...Ubisoft, as a console gamer, I will buy this when you make it. Pirates and parkour/freerunning? Yeah, that's a great combo.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
After the shit that was AC3 I dont really care.

The ship battles were like the ones on that POTC game, and making a game of a series that uses parkour and stealph assassinations as its signature its really sad when the best they can offer is sea combat (and apparently making it now its new stapple of the series)

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
As the one of ten people who actually like Assassin's Creed 3, I like this concept.

Apr 28, 2008
I really hope they reign in all the extra stuff they've dumped into the series and keep it tight. AC3 had so much extra stuff that the core of the series (assassinations) has taken a backseat and in AC3 seems practically non-existent. Though since with each Assassin's Creed game they've put more and more extra stuff in... it seems unlikely they'll stop. Here's hoping, though.

Primero Holodon

Oct 18, 2011
On one hand, I really like pirates and I enjoyed the naval combat. On the other hand, the writing and dialogue in AC3 was horrible. I'm torn on whether I should be excited or fearful.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
remember when assassinations used to be stealthy?
back in the day where they didn't involve broadsiding your victim with your man-o-war?

I really, really, really like the concept of this, absolutely, but I think the whole "assassin's creed" premise will be a ball and chain around their ankles, let there be PIRATES, arr!

We can call it "Pirate's Creed" just to maintain some brand recognition, the main tenants will across the lines of "be loyal to yer mates 'n captin", "No such thing as a fair fight" and "no deals with sea demons", it will be awesome!

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Well that's one way to kill my entire interest in the series.

Good job ubisoft.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Pity. After reading Shamus Young's article about AC4 ideas there were better directions it could have taken.
Having said that, I did rather enjoy the ship combat in AC3 but it does seem a tad out of place with the whole assassin thing.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
I'm sure a certain someone who writes a certain Critical column may be pleased.

ash12181987

Nov 9, 2010
This could potentially be awesome, if they bring back the great things about Assassins creed 1 and 2, and make tighter stealth gameplay in addition to run and sword action... With pirates.

I'll watch for what they come up with.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Ah, the salty seas... Where there are no buildings.

Seriously, what the utter fuck do they have against Victorian London?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
!
I wonder if part of it could be in Charleston (where I live). Blackbeard did blockade the city.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
While I didn't care for Revelations and only "meh" at 3, I'm actually really liking this idea.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Freerunning pirate assassins are always apprechiated. I probably won't play the game in another 5 years or so but I'm definitely looking forward to the character design.
This one might make it on my cosplay list.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
This could potentially be really damned awesome. I've yet to play AC3, as after hearing the reception, im waiting until i just dont have much else to play, but i did like the look of the naval ship battles and people seemed to love them, so neat. My only complaint is, well, how exactly do they plan on having assassinations? I mean, it could be really well done with moving your ship up to another ship to board it, and then fighting your way to the captain's chambers ready to cut 'em. But this is the game industry, where when something seems like it has a lot of really awesome potential, developers take it in another direction.

So we'll see. I love the AC franchise, but it's not really getting the respect from the devs that I think it deserves anymore.