Jerry Bruckheimer Closes Jerry Bruckheimer Games

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jerry Bruckheimer Closes Jerry Bruckheimer Games

With nothing to show for it, the movie and television mogul has pulled the plug on his videogame studio.

Remember when Jerry Bruckheimer unveiled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91664-Jerry-Bruckheimer-Unveils-Jerry-Bruckheimer-Games] Jerry Bruckheimer Games? It was 2009, and the world was a different place: Men were men, the sun still shone brightly on the British Empire and a sense of unbeatable optimism pervaded everything. Jerry Bruckheimer had never made a game but Jerry Bruckheimer wanted to make games and so by God, Jerry Bruckheimer was going to make games!

But this is 2013, and the world today is a cold, grey place. Those hopes for a brighter future have turned to ash, and all that remains is bitterness and despair. And Jerry Bruckheimer, without having ever made a game, has closed Jerry Bruckheimer Games.

The end of the dream came quietly and piecemeal; Jim Veevaert, one of the studio's co-founders and presidents, left for Zynga in 2011, while the other, Jay Cohen, departed in 2012 and is now the chairman of the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. No formal announcement of the closure was made, but the Jerry Bruckheimer Games website now redirects to Jerry Bruckheimer films and a Bruckheimer rep confirmed with GameSpot that the company is "no longer a functioning entity."

Jerry Bruckheimer Games shuffles off its corporate coil with no announced projects.

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/jerry-bruckheimer-games-closed-6404727]

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Looks like the game...is over

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I guess Jerry found out that this business... isn't all fun and games.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Froggy Slayer said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I guess the only way to win...

*puts on sunglasses*

...is not to play
GODDAMNIT BSTRD.

STOP
NINJAING
Looks like BSTrD... *puts on sunglasses* ...is quite DVS.

(This is all this thread is going to be. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Awful long time for something to be formed and not release anything, huh?

I guess he just couldn't

*puts on sunglasses*

Make any good games.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

What? Everyone else ninja'd the good ones.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Nothing quite like spending 3+ years doing nothing but apparently hemorrhaging money... if that, even. I'm not sure, but this could've been a studio that was founded without anything to make, never hired more than three or four people, and then promptly put them to work on movie effects or something. At least that would be a vaguely productive use of funds.

P.S. Thanks

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Ooh, one last one, I promise!

Looks like this studio...has gone Bruck

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
At least he won't have to worry about... game piracy (of the Caribbean)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Looks like Jerry ... ain't got no game(s)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Seems like the studio sunk

*puts on sunglasses*

Without A Trace

[HEADING=1]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!![/HEADING]

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
I hope this is how it happened:

- *ding* you've got mail
- Let's see... what... "OH MY GOD the company is shutting down in 90 seconds. Everyone out out out out out out!"
- NORMAL LIGHTING shuts off, flashing EMERGENCY RED LIGHTING comes on. SMOKE fills the air.
- "OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT"
- BOB trips over his DESK and gets trapped with his LEG behind a WATER COOLER
- "C'mon Bob!" "No man, just... leave me!" "I'm not leaving anyone behind!"
- BILL pulls a CHAINSAW from the wall and cleaves the WATER COOLER in half.
- BILL pulls BOB to his feet, they stagger down the hallway.
- Large LED COUNTDOWN CLOCK on the wall counts down 00:10, 00:09...
- Both running now, they clear the front doors, "GO GO GO"
- At precisely 00:00 they both dive for a DUMPSTER.
- Everything slows down - the BOTTOM FLOOR blows out in a shower of flame, sending GLASS in all directions.
- FLOORS TWO, THREE, AND FOUR blow out in order.
- The BUILDING collapses.
- PINK SLIPS flutter down into EMPLOYEES' waiting hands.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
So,

They had 4 years to actually work on a game, but since they never made one, I guess they were still working on it.
Now, everyone can guess what will happen next.
The unfinished game, in all it's flaws, will probably get bought by Gearbox who will release it, almost completely without doing any work on it whatsoever, for $70.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
With no games announced, I guess you could say that Jerry Bruckheimer Games disappeared... Without a Trace.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Seems like the studio sunk

*puts on sunglasses*

Without A Trace

[HEADING=1]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!![/HEADING]
Andy Chalk said:
With no games announced, I guess you could say that Jerry Bruckheimer Games disappeared... Without a Trace.

Since when are you so slow on the puns, Andy? :(