Halle Berry Returns As Storm In X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Halle Berry Returns As Storm In X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry has confirmed that she will once again control the weather in Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past film adaptation.

When you recall 20th Century Fox's X-Men trilogy from the early past of this century, what key aspects pop up as your fondest memories? No doubt, Patrick Stewart's turn as Professor Charles Xavier is on the list. Likewise, Ian McKellen portrayed an excellent Magneto. Even the then-unproven Hugh Jackman turned in a great performance as Wolverine (before the series completely fell apart in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand).

Beyond those three though, what springs to mind? Assuming you're cool -- and we are assuming that anyone reading this text must be cool -- your immediate answer was Halle Berry's turn as Ororo Monroe, the mutant more commonly known as "Storm." Did Berry trump the three acting heavyweights mentioned above? No, but as far as cinematic superheroines go, she's one of the best almost by default.

Hopefully you feel the same way, as Berry just confirmed that she's returning for the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past (the sequel to 2011's X-Men: First Class), and in keeping with continuity will be once again be portraying Marvel Comics' favorite weather witch.

In an interview with Black Film [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lY7nKbmvqSw] to promote her role in the upcoming, inexplicably WWE-produced The Call, Berry was asked straight up whether or not she will ever reprise her role as Storm. With surprising candor, Berry responds in the affirmative. "Yeah. The fans really love Storm," Berry says with a smile. "I'm really happy that it's worked out that way. No matter what my part will be or won't be, being part of it is always a good thing. I love it."

The second to last sentence of Berry's statement seems to indicate that she's unclear on what exactly Storm's role might be in Days of Future Past. That makes a certain amount of sense given that the movie is still Hugh Jackman's appearance in X-Men: First Class [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/], but if its more than that perhaps Storm will be a large presence in the film. We're hoping for the latter, as Storm played a crucial role in the original comic book storyline on which the Days of Future Past film is based, but given Hollywood's tendency to monkey with source material we wouldn't be surprised to see a film that barely resembles the tale we've come to love since its publication over three decades ago.

Until Berry or one of the film's crew members offers more information, we're going to have to continue wondering, but at least for now you Storm fans (or those who wore through their DVDs of Swordfish by pausing a certain scene over and over and over again) can cling to the news that she will be featured in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Source: Black Film [http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2013/03/watch-halle-berry-confirm-x-men-return-video/]

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
That's cool, but what exactly does the title Days of Future Past MEAN!?

Are they going to meet up with Marty McFly, Bill, Ted and the Doctor and have a time-dimensional warp party?

Because that would be great...

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Everything I hear about this makes me pine for another First Class. The others had a lot of decent things about them, but 1 didn't age well and 3 wasn't well received. Hale Berry always seemed really flat as Storm. As an outsider to the X-Men I couldn't understand what she was about in the same way I could understand Rogue or Magneto or Xavier

WithmirTeigh

Jun 21, 2010
PsychicTaco115 said:
That's cool, but what exactly does the title Days of Future Past MEAN!?

Are they going to meet up with Marty McFly, Bill, Ted and the Doctor and have a time-dimensional warp party?

Because that would be great...
Days of Future Past is the name of the comic that this movie is supposedly based on.

OT: Hopefully it takes from First Class instead of other X-men movies

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Sweet, just keep throwing reprising roles at this and hope for the best.

Not trying to sound pessimistic but all of the casting hype surrounding this movie is bollocks until we get to see some footage.

Atary77

Feb 27, 2008
Oh great, so she's going to screw up the script of this movie too like she did to X3 just to make the movie revolve around her.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Sounds fun. :D Looking forward to seeing the film. I liked the Days of Future Past idea. It'll be interesting to see how it translates to film.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Since when does Storm do much other than show up and shoot lightning? Plays a bit of a mother hen role and then it's back to being a lightning turret.

Her "acting" role is minor compared to Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Wolverine.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Atary77 said:
Oh great, so she's going to screw up the script of this movie too like she did to X3 just to make the movie revolve around her.
No no, that's Jackman's job.

(Not blaming the actor, but Wolverine was seriously overused in X3.)

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Cool. Now if they would just bring back nightcrawler I'd have a big ol' stiffy.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Can't say I'm exactly surprised, knowing that the first trilogy's characters would be in it. The whole plot sounds confusing as hell from what I gather, but I'm still hopeful. So long as everything to do with X3 and Wolverine is completely ignored, forever, then that's good.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
God damnit I hoped they'd drop her for this as her version of storm wasn't really from any where it was very bland. Not African godess or punk kid or any classic or original comic book storm she was just her... and boring to boot.

Good actress, loved cloud atles she was great just hope she gives better in this next xmen film.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Atary77 said:
sigh...pretty much that ^ exactly

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
So unless i miss my guess they are going to have the story go from the 60's to the late 2000's right? Because days of future past was the future where the sentinels basically have taken over and put humanity in death camps right?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I see the competition for worst title this year is not yet done, so what is the sequel Future 2 Progressive?
Ah I'll end up watching it anyway and I know it will be shallow and dumb as per usual.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I thought we were all focused on and worrying about First Class?
I want more of that!

T_T

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Great,... that memorable and stellar performance from the movies.

Wasn't she more or less just a running gag in the first 3 films? I mean, she added nothing to the plot, she just kind had to be there. And she always came off pathetically weak despite her control of the weather.