#116: Just the Healer

Jeivar

Jan 26, 2015
The Fluttershy is strong in this one. Completely adorable.

I'm calling it now: I'm positive she'll be the one to join Erin in the apartment.

I'm guessing the video game characters represent aspects of Erin's personality that she needs to revive. Rad is youthful enthusiasm, Gunny is self-discipline, and Healer Lady (has her name been mentioned yet?) is... kindness? Optimism?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Jeivar said:

I'm calling it now: I'm positive she'll be the one to join Erin in the apartment.

I'm guessing the video game characters represent aspects of Erin's personality that she needs to revive. Rad is youthful enthusiasm, Gunny is self-discipline, and Healer Lady (has her name been mentioned yet) is... kindness? Optimism?
I don't know. If anime has taught me anything is that you must stay the f**k away from people with red eyes.

But it would be nice to have a such a nice girl as a permanent member of the group though.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Jeivar said:
Has her name been mentioned yet?
Dunno if it's been mentioned in dialogue, but tags on the comics lead me to believe her name is Althea.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
She is the one you bring at first only to have to make her run to the edges of the map to keep from dying, then regret not bringing on a later mission when you are surrounded by horse archers

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Feels like the white mage girl doesn't get a lot of respect and appreciation from her teammates, despite her invaluable function.

Might just be a feeling tho. Maybe we'll find out as the story progresses.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
CyanCat47 said:
She is the one you bring at first only to have to make her run to the edges of the map to keep from dying, then regret not bringing on a later mission when you are surrounded by horse archers
if anything, that would only serve as bait for the horse archers

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Chimpzy said:
Feels like the white mage girl doesn't get a lot of respect and appreciation from her teammates, despite her invaluable function.

Sounds like my TF2 medic in a random pub server.....although tbh I'm surprised those two respect/appreciate/listen to anyone, they don't seem like team players to say the very least.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Jeivar said:

I'm guessing the video game characters represent aspects of Erin's personality that she needs to revive. Rad is youthful enthusiasm, Gunny is self-discipline, and Healer Lady (has her name been mentioned yet?) is... kindness? Optimism?
Thanks, i was thinking the same, the pink hair just made the connection very easy. And i also agree, that she'll be next the next character joining the game, just by seeing how much screen time she's gettin' right now.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Chimpzy said:

Are we sure this isn't an MMO instead of a JRPG?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that mage is pretty darn adorable alright. Christ i almost had an heart attack when we had that panel that looked like she was about to get hit.

Nismu

Mar 4, 2015
Kinda reminds me of this thread on DDO forums i once read . " Cleric The path to enlightenment"
basicly goes healbot->damage preventer->over healer-> cleric-> great cleric.
guess white mage is on the first step there.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
weirdee said:
CyanCat47 said:
In fire emblem you can prevent it if you level your healer early. it's kind of funny because it basically means healing every single minor scrape and whenever someone takes 1 damage the entire group have to stop while the bandades are handed out. Battle clerics and valkyries are evolved healers who can take more damage and deal some themselves

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
CyanCat47 said:
weirdee said:
CyanCat47 said:
In fire emblem you can prevent it if you level your healer early. it's kind of funny because it basically means healing every single minor scrape and whenever someone takes 1 damage the entire group have to stop while the bandades are handed out. Battle clerics and valkyries are evolved healers who can take more damage and deal some themselves
It's a lot easier in the Radiance duology with bonus XP.

OT: Okay, maybe I was wrong. It could well end up being WM who comes with this time. Though I still wouldn't mind it being Daedalus.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
leet_x1337 said:
CyanCat47 said:
weirdee said:
CyanCat47 said:
It's a lot easier in the Radiance duology with bonus XP.

OT: Okay, maybe I was wrong. It could well end up being WM who comes with this time. Though I still wouldn't mind it being Daedalus.
I like Daedalus more but since there seems to be an underlying objective of gathering various character tropes for erin to hang out with, the healer would probably be the more obvious choice. Then again rad already fills the role of the constant optimist to Erin's apathetic angst, which could negate the need for the healer to come with them. Gunny is disciplined and motivated to mirror Erin just being a moapy deadbeat all the time, trying to make her shape up and get a hold of her life. Daedalus has a lot of passion for what he does, so he might be a suitable candidate for the next paralell. I would love to see him giving Erin fashion advice

Mar 30, 2010
The three sacred rules of D&D:

1) The DM's word is law
2) Bring your own snacks
3) If you want to survive, listen to the healer.