BioWare Gives Away Mass Effect 3: Citadel Soundtrack

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Gives Away Mass Effect 3: Citadel Soundtrack

The surprisingly beefy Mass Effect 3: Citadel soundtrack is now available as a free download.

Mass Effect 3 may not have had the Best Ending Ever, but BioWare is certainly going all-out to make up for it with Citadel, the last hurrah for Commander Shepard and the gang. By all reports the DLC is huge and excellent, a truly memorable send-off for one of the most impressive game trilogies ever, and now BioWare is giving away a souvenir of that fond farewell in the form of a full-on soundtrack

And we're not talking about just four or five remixes here. The Mass Effect 3: Citadel soundtrack features 20 brand new tracks by Sam Hulick, Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan, who "came together to compose an emotional and powerful score for this personal journey."

The Citadel soundtrack is available as a direct, DRM-free download from the BioWare Social Network - just download it, unzip it and fire it up with your media player of choice. This is a seriously solid move by BioWare, and given how good the Mass Effect score has been across the entirety of the franchise, it's one freebie that no fan of videogame music should pass up.

Source: BioWare Social Network [http://social.bioware.com/me3citadelsoundtrack.php]

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Oh I am so happy about this. The soundtrack for Citadel was incredible, I was really hoping they would release it. I'm honestly surprised it's free though... not that I'm complaining.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
It might be worth mentioning that the soundtrack is only available to people who own a registered copy of Mass Effect 3.

Sep 14, 2009
y'know, after seeing andy's avatar, i can only assume he pulled a harbinger on EA's leash

"i'm assuming direct control of this form, I will direct this personally"

good on them though, downloading it before it becomes part of some dlc pack on origin.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Tank207 said:
Oh I am so happy about this. The soundtrack for Citadel was incredible, I was really hoping they would release it. I'm honestly surprised it's free though... not that I'm complaining.
I was going to say. I don't own Mass Effect 3. :(

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This is nice and all, but I still haven't gotten my soundtrack from the Collector's Edition.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
got the sountrack with the collectors edition, looking forward to this one as well :)

Haven't bought the expansions yet though, waiting on my latest ME character to get to ME 3

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
soren7550 said:
This is nice and all, but I still haven't gotten my soundtrack from the Collector's Edition.
I can't rightly remember cause it did it ages ago, but i think you have to register you ME3 collectors edition with your account, it takes some forum searching... try browsing your my games selection and hitting the register updating selection... the option should be hidden away in there

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Sweet. Even though I haven't got round to getting the Citadel DLC yet, going to download this just now, as I definitely found the Collector's Edition soundtrack to be excellent, so I'm assuming this is to the same level of quality.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
chiefohara said:
soren7550 said:
I can't rightly remember cause it did it ages ago, but i think you have to register you ME3 collectors edition with your account, it takes some forum searching... try browsing your my games selection and hitting the register updating selection... the option should be hidden away in there
I did, and wasn't able to get it. The boyfriend tried and he wasn't able to get it.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
This title is kind of misleading, I was getting excited thinking that I could download what is by all means and awesome soundtrack. I was going to praise Bioware and EA for doing something nice with no strings attached.

What I actually found though was that I can't download it because I don't have an origin account. Not what I expected from you Mister Chalk.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
kailus13 said:
This title is kind of misleading, I was getting excited thinking that I could download what is by all means and awesome soundtrack. I was going to praise Bioware and EA for doing something nice with no strings attached.

What I actually found though was that I can't download it because I don't have an origin account. Not what I expected from you Mister Chalk.
Do you have a BioWare account? Because that's actually an origin/EA account. If you've registered the game and have bought DLC for either Mass Effect 2 or 3 you should more than likely have one.

It does suck though that it's only available to people with registered copies of the game. And here I thought they were giving it away to everyone. It's actually kind of a pointless restriction.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Now let's wait and see how many posts it takes before someone says "TOO LITTLE TOO LATE BIOWARE" or something to that effect.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
More free soundtracks? Yay! Since Leviathan and this (and Omega, too? Did that have a unique soundtrack?) have had their soundtracks released for free I hope this is becoming common practice for BioWare.

tabristhegreat

Mar 5, 2013
No matter what bioware games always deliver musically I still listen to my ME3 soundtrack and an end once and for all is such an emotional song. Question for those that got this as my internet is all but capped for the month, is Tali's song included?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

So happy about this, I can add it to my other 60+ hours of Mass Effect music!

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
*Sees new soundtrack available for free*

"Oh GOODY!"

*Spends ten minutes trying to remember Origin password after more than a year of disuse*

*Successfully logs in*

CPunchMaster

Aug 29, 2011
Fantastic. The soundtrack was pretty good. And I was just starting to rip the music out of the game so I could listen to it on my own time. So now I don't have to sort through music and thousands of sound effects.

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
By all reports the DLC is huge and excellent, a truly memorable send-off for one of the most impressive game trilogies ever
I've already given my own sendoff [http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Middle-Finger-psd63315.png] to Bioware and its Mass Effect trilogy. I don't need another one.