Black Ops 2 Brings Home the Bacon Personalization Pack

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Black Ops 2 Brings Home the Bacon Personalization Pack

Brace yourself for the greatest Call of Duty weapons innovation of all time: bacon!

"Bacon to right of them, bacon to left of them, bacon behind them, greasy and crisp!"

Get ready to ride into the valley of tangy taste, folks, because today's rollout of microtransactions in the online shooter Call of Duty: Black Ops II is headlined by nothing less than bacon - the Bacon Personalization Pack! After all, nothing says "hot, screaming death" like cured meat fried up good and crispy, am I right?

For the low, low price of 160 Microsoft points, which works out to about two bucks in the real world, you can now wrap your favorite firearm in everyone's favorite breakfast meat. And what does putting bacon on your gun actually accomplish, you ask? It puts bacon on your gun! I can't believe I have to explain this. It's like chocolate and peanut butter, or Batman and Robin, or Keanu Reeves and John Malkovich. Bacon and guns!

Along with the weapon camo, Personalization Packs also include three targeting reticules and a custom calling card. Other optional add-ons launched today include the Extra Slots Pack, which offers ten "Create-a-Class" slots per game mode and expanded media storage, and Flag of the World Calling Card Packs. But who cares? Bacon on your guns, people! Bacon!

So let not the glory fade, of these tasty weapons made in grease, bubbling and fried; "Give us bacon," they cried!

BACON!

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Or...I could put that money towards getting myself real bacon. And then I could make a bacon explosion [https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/167886_1562708237845_6611877_n.jpg].

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I think the Dev team was snacking on this when they made that pack:

Seriously, what the fuck. That is all.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Genocidicles said:
And yet this is still smarter and saner than any of EA's microtransactions.
Activision: We're like EA, but we don't do as much stupid stuff!

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
QUICK! SOMEONE CALL PETA!

This just seems like an opportunity that should not be missed.
kyosai7 said:
Genocidicles said:
Activition: Improving its image simply by not beeing EA.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
CriticalMiss said:
This is unacceptable, the sanctity of bacon will be forever lost. Activision must be stopped!
Or praised for making GUN-BACON. A gun, that you can eat!

Personally, I am more interested in the Zombie-Camo. ESPECIALLY for my Shield. Gonna LOVE to scare people with a freaking giant Gas Zombie in the center of my shield.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
kyosai7 said:
Genocidicles said:
Its more like:

Activision: Greeder than EA without being as bad at it!

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Now if only the gun would fire bacon bullets, players would be lining up to be shot, i mean sure its a bullet but its made of Bacon!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
If all else fails, ore even if you are succeeding somewhat, be silly. It's kind of hard to argue against anyone that just decides "yes our new weapon skins shall be BACON".

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
It's not even the right kind of bacon!

This is real bacon!

Alternatively this kind of bacon would have sufficed:

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
I imagine actually bacon guns would cause problems

"Private! Where is your weapon?!"
"I ate it sir."