BioShock Infinite "False Shepherd" Trailer is a Killer

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
BioShock Infinite "False Shepherd" Trailer is a Killer

Booker Dewitt gets hit hands on some interesting weapons in the latest trailer for 2K and Irrational Games' BioShock Infinite.

After a long, long wait [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102751-BioShock-Infinite-Takes-to-the-Skies], BioShock Infinite will be released in less than two weeks. The latest trailer for the Irrational Games-developed title gives yet another glimpse of what players can expect when stepping into the shoes of hired gun Booker DeWitt.

Infinite removes the series from the underwater depths of Rapture, taking to the skies in the floating city of Columbia. As Booker, you're tasked with helping Elizabeth, though as Irrational puts it, "the girl he's there to rescue might turn out to be the partner he needs to survive." The video shows off Booker's abilities and Elizabeth's powers, as well as how they work together to fight the oppressive forces of Columbia. Hint: it involves violence.

BioShock Infinite will be out on March 26 for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. As the trailer notes, pre-ordering the game will net you the Industrial Revolution DLC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122326-BioShock-Infinite-Hops-the-Preorder-Bonus-Train], so if you're planning on picking this up, you may want to take advantage.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Alright, that does it.

I've been sold on this thing for years now. Literally years.

So just release the damn thing you bastards.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Omg that claw gun thing *shudder* I don't know if I should be grossed out or jumping in excitement o_O

AxelxGabriel

Nov 13, 2009
Wow... this actually looks really awesome! They actually planned out a whole new concepts and ideas, rather then just a rehashed sequel :p

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Irrational Games, would you kindly release the game already. It's been so long I'm worried it might be overhyped and not as awesome as they are letting on. I also wonder how sensible Booker is. He finds a bottle of strange liquid and just necks it. Silly man!

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
False Shepard? SO THE INDOCTRINATION THEORY WAS CORRECT!?!
Also: Why did have a Torah on his checklist at the beginning?
Maybe he needs to find the map, two keys, and get two cocktail swords for his drinks?

Oddly, it reminded me of the old school inventory icons. Which is why I thought of it as a map.

Dec 14, 2009
Yeah, yeah, another Bioshock Infinite trailer.

I'm pretty sure everyone who already wants the game was sold on it months ago, so just release the damn thing already.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Zhukov said:
Alright, that does it.

I've been sold on this thing for years now. Literally years.

So just release the damn thing you bastards.
Yeah I'm beyond ready. This is the only game I've been waiting to get for a really long time. 12 days left to wait... going to be the longest 12 days I've experienced in a while :(

and wow does that skyhook look brutal.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Hmmm. Pretty.

And may I just say this is a fine time to score me a free copy of XCom pre-order on Steam...? ;)

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
wetfart said:
DVS BSTrD said:
False Shepard? SO THE INDOCTRINATION THEORY WAS CORRECT!?!
Also: Why did have a Torah on his checklist at the beginning?
Maybe he needs to find the map, two keys, and get two cocktail swords for his drinks?

Oddly, it reminded me of the old school inventory icons. Which is why I thought of it as a map.
Tiny Spoiler (although the footage has been out for months) :

Actually, it's the sequence in which he has to ring certain bells to gain entrance to the lighttower. You can see it in the first 5 minutes of Bioshock Infinite gameplay.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I love the music that's being used in all these trailers! They just set the theme of the game so well. Plus, it reminds me of Bastion's soundtrack a lot.

Anyway, got my preorder as soon as I heard of the Gamersgate promotion for it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Guy Jackson said:
Hey what's in this glowing bottle? I think I'll drink it and see what happens!
Well, a healthy glow is a sure sign of a truly fine drop.

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
Irrational Games, would you kindly release the game already. It's been so long I'm worried it might be overhyped and not as awesome as they are letting on. I also wonder how sensible Booker is. He finds a bottle of strange liquid and just necks it. Silly man!
He's still more rational than Jack, who sees a syringe full of a strange glowing red liquid, and his first idea, is to inject it directly into his wrists. Besides, in this game you spend about 20 minutes or so just walking around interacting with people before the shit hits the fan, so he might have already seen what the vigors do and know they don't hurt him.

Or I could point out that the studio is not called "Rational Games".

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
TheMann said:
CriticalMiss said:
He's still more rational than Jack, who sees a syringe full of a strange glowing red liquid, and his first idea, is to inject it directly into his wrists.
Yeah. I was kinda hoping they might have, you know, moved on a bit more since 2007? I suppose I was being over-optimistic.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
TheMann said:
CriticalMiss said:
He's still more rational than Jack, who sees a syringe full of a strange glowing red liquid, and his first idea, is to inject it directly into his wrists. Besides, in this game you spend about 20 minutes or so just walking around interacting with people before the shit hits the fan, so he might have already seen what the vigors do and know they don't hurt him.

Jack had chain tattoos on his wrists, in all likelihood he was a crack addict and couldn't help himself. Also, if you go to the 0:59 mark on the video Booker says 'What's this?' and seem rather sincere in his lack of knowing what it is.

jcfrommars9

Feb 22, 2013
CriticalMiss said:
TheMann said:
CriticalMiss said:

Jack had chain tattoos on his wrists, in all likelihood he was a crack addict and couldn't help himself. Also, if you go to the 0:59 mark on the video Booker says 'What's this?' and seem rather sincere in his lack of knowing what it is.
That's why I'm going to wait for the game to be released before I make any real judgments about that scene or any other.