Eidos Reveals Free Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation Remix

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Eidos Reveals Free Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation Remix

Original Deus Ex composer Alexander Brandon has teamed up with OC Remix to bring the soundtrack back to life with Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation.

The original Deus Ex was a brilliant game with an absolutely fantastic soundtrack composed by Alexander Brandon, Daniel Gardopée and Michiel van den Bos. And while it's held up very well over the years, now (well, soon) you can listen to a different take on it thanks to Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation, a collaboration between Brandon and OC Remix that Eidos is very slowly giving away.

The album features "cybernetically-enhanced arrangements" of eight tracks from the original Deus Ex soundtrack, beginning with "The Search For Ambrosia" by Zircon and Jillian Aversa, a remix of the game's "NYC Streets" track. It's good stuff, unique and "new," yet distinctly Deus Ex and with some very recognizable hooks from the original.

Unfortunately, that's all you get for now. All the tracks on Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation will be available at no charge, but Eidos is releasing just two tracks per week on its Facebook page, meaning that it won't be in the wild in its entirety for another month. You can stream it or download it, and those of you who aren't down with the whole Facebook thing won't have to "like" it first, but you will have to wait for it.

Eidos didn't say when the next track will be available, but I'd guess that Thursday is a likely candidate. In the meantime, you can get started with "The Search For Ambrosia" at the Deus Ex Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/DeusEx/app_108468622525037].

Source: Eidos Montreal [http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Sonic-Augmentation]

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Very nice. I hope they'll also do UNATCO HQ, Paris Cathedral and, of course, the main theme.

L3D

Jul 15, 2008
I asked for them, but I didn't ask for Facebook. Oh well, hopefully the entire album will be released as torrent on OCRemix later on.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
saintdane05 said:
WARNING: OLD STUPID JOKE INCOMING!
<spoiler=Stupid joke>
He never asked for this...
It does have a certain... ring to it.
Personally, I hope all these bad puns don't cause to much CHAOS. God knows how much anger ROSE from the last pun match I was in...

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I can't wait to hear that remix of The Synapse, and Enemy Within.

OC Remix make the best albums. And I'm glad to see Brandon is still kicking around, I've been wondering what he's been up to lately.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
L3D said:
I asked for them, but I didn't ask for Facebook. Oh well, hopefully the entire album will be released as torrent on OCRemix later on.
It's a direct download link. Just go to the page, click and be happy.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
InugamiTheHound said:
saintdane05 said:
<spoiler=Stupid joke>
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mecha Sonic, from the Sonic The Hedgehog Comics by Archie, issue 39. He later fights Mecha Knuckles. It is badass.

I love those comics.

DVS BSTrD said:
saintdane05 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
saintdane05 said:
<spoiler=Stupid joke>
It does have a certain... ring to it.
Personally, I hope all these bad puns don't cause to much CHAOS. God knows how much anger ROSE from the last pun match I was in...
Well you better knuckle down, a-kid-ya not.
It's not even like these puns are a BIG deal. Really, we aren't even going for the CREAM of the crop, only the moldy CHEESE left over.

Okay, I'm done here.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
L3D said:
Sadly isn't not that easy...It seems to require a Facebook account. I'll be waiting too, it seems.

Still, looks (sounds) promising. I was a HUGE fan of the original soundtrack.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Alcaste said:
Sadly isn't not that easy...It seems to require a Facebook account. I'll be waiting too, it seems.
Ah yes, you are correct, apologies for that. I stay logged into Facebook by default so the magic just sort of happen when I click on things.

On the upside, I think it's very reasonable to assume that this thing will widely available once it's fully released. Assuming that's how it works out, feel free to post download links in this thread - it'll be old and buried by then but it might still come in handy for people looking for the remix. (I'll do it myself if I remember.)

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I honestly never noticed the soundtrack while I was playing Deus Ex, but OCR is always a good sign[footnote]Except for that Dynamite Headdy album, but I choose to ignore that.[/footnote]. I'll give this a listen when it's available in some medium other than Facebook.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
L3D said:
If I click on it, I get a "log in on Facebook" page. I don't have a Facebook account so I hope someone uploaded it somewhere else too.

EDIT: It's on Youtube now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy3dr13cSgY