Fan Converts Assassin's Creed: Revelations Into Three Hour Film

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Fan Converts Assassin's Creed: Revelations Into Three Hour Film

YouTube poster Andy Gilleand has used cutscenes and gameplay footage to make a movie version of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Playing a game, even one you're interested in, can sometimes be a chore. Maybe a game is too difficult or too long. Maybe you like the story but can't get past some detail of the gameplay you hate. It's not hard for games to stop being fun and start feeling like work. This is something that can lead a person to walk away from an experience entirely. That being the case, there are some working to provide a better alternative.

YouTube poster Andy Gilleand has made a name for himself by editing footage from videogames into feature length movies. Gilleand first drew attention when he turned the Uncharted games into a film trilogy. Since then he has turned his attention to the Assassin's Creed franchise, most recently transforming Assassin's Creed: Revelations into a <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEJnYG70yA&list=UUCn0ID59OrBy7pDCyeVHkZg&index=1>three hour film.

"I make these movies based on games for a few reasons," said Gilleand on his YouTube channel. "One is so that I can show these stories to people who don't play videogames at all. This way they can enjoy the story without having to learn how to play. I also create these movies for people who may have been interested in the story, but didn't get the game for one reason or another. Then I also do these for fans like myself who may want to relive the story, but may not have the time or patience to play through the entire game again."

Gilleand's work is something many will likely find appealing. Many gamers have more going on in their lives than just videogames, and while it would be nice to have the time to go back and replay a favorite game, or even just watch a Let's Play video, the time often isn't there. Having an abridged version of a game that can be watched in an evening is something that more than a few, myself included, would love to see more of.

Source: <a href=http://kotaku.com/watch-assassins-creed-revelations-recut-into-a-really-472031894>Kotaku

Dec 14, 2009
Reeve said:
This isn't news and it certainly shouldn't be being plugged here.
Yeah, heaven forbid a site about video games post an article related to video games.

OT: Assassin's Creed: The Lazy Gamer's Edition :D

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Reeve said:
Hazzard said:
There are dozens of these on YouTube, this is just one more.
I agree, why is this newsworthy? Because unless he's made an in-game version, then this is really nothing new.

Scribblesense

Jan 30, 2013
I'll probably give it a look, seeing as I couldn't get through Revelations.

I had high hopes for it; when I first heard you'd play as both Ezio and Altair, I was expecting to be able to switch between time periods in Constantinople, Link to the Past style. Instead we get bleh.

Will have to catch up on the story before Black Flag comes out.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Considering you spend the first 2/3rds of the game learning how to play the game with all the lame new mechanics and such, I'd say this was a good idea to save people time and the money to buy the game.

For me, Revelations put the lid on the coffin of the AC series, and ACIII nailed the lid shut. Hearing that the new game is going to be about pirates (since clearly the vast open seas are well known for all their massive skyscraping towers) assured me that my decision to finally abandon the series was correct.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Sweet thanks for the links. Never would have known cuz I dont spend much time online and got lots of social duties

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I love this guy, now I have plans for tonight.

I suck balls at platformers, I don't have a PS3, and LP's really annoy me when the people talk, so I've really enjoyed what he's done.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Reeve said:
Yeah, heaven forbid a site about video games post an article related to video games.

OT: Assassin's Creed: The Lazy Gamer's Edition :D
Or the Poor Gamer's Edition

I might watch this, I wanna play Assassins Creed 3 so I might watch this just to get the plot of Revelations without having to actually play the game.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Absolutely nothing new, I agree... There have been better cuts of better games - Wing Commander 4, for example. The cutscene movie is still one of my favourite films, absolutely unironically.