Minecraft Meets Star Trek In Hyper-Detailed Enterprise Replica

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Minecraft Meets Star Trek In Hyper-Detailed Enterprise Replica

United by inherent geekiness, Minecraft and Star Trek go together like chocolate and pixelated peanut butter.

Even if you've never watched an episode of Star Trek, odds are solid that you can recognize the USS Enterprise. Moreso than any real ship, the Enterprise is iconic. Is it any wonder then that a dedicated Minecraft fan would want to recreate the vessel within Mojang's mega-popular sandbox title? Not at all. What is surprising however, is the crazy amount of detail the builder packed into this creation.

While we haven't pored over each detail of the thing for ourselves, its creator claims that this 1:6 replica of the USS Enterprise is almost an exact double for that seen in the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series. It includes everything you'd expect to find there: The holodeck, Picard's quarters, even a blocky Worf. To make sure everything looked as accurate as possible, the ship's creator went to the trouble of building custom textures for the ship, ensuring that as you stroll down its corridors you'll never be distracted by an out of place piece of wall or a computer screen that lacks the trademark Trek futurist aesthetic.

Notice that image embedded above? That's the ship itself Photoshopped onto a picture of space. Whether you're a fan or not, that's some very impressive attention to detail, even without Riker's smug beard trying to seduce anything with compatible orifices. Granted, things are a bit more blocky than they were in the original series, but this being Minecraft, that's to be expected.

You can find a full gallery of images on Imgur, many of which include the reference pictures from Star Trek: The Next Generation used in the creation of this ship. If you look hard enough, you'll even be able to spot the aforementioned blocky Worf. Isn't he just the cutest?

Source: Imgur [http://imgur.com/a/VXxhh]

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Awesome, that must of took a hell of a lot of time and effort.

Also the comment about Rikers beard seems like the right time to use this GIF

[http://s212.photobucket.com/user/darthbrewster/media/rikerlulz-2.gif.html]

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
I think I remember seeing this when it was first starting out a few years ago back when Minecraft was still in it's alpha(s). It's intense to see such a huge project actually making it through to the end, very cool.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
A 1:6 is cool and all, but where's that 1:1 that was floating around, didn't that get finished.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Fayathon said:
A 1:6 is cool and all, but where's that 1:1 that was floating around, didn't that get finished.
Same here. Looked pretty good last time I checked, now I don't know where to find it anymore...

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
What some people are able to do in minecraft is insanely impressive... What gets me is that he said he MINED all the materials used (except for resdstone glowstone and wool.)

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
This is pretty cool. I have seen the video of the 1:1 scale version, but I don't think that has a finished interrior. I am finding myself wishing a download link was included so I could explore it for myself.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
That's rather impressive. I have to marvel at the people have the skill and patience to put these projects together. Wouldn't mind a walk around this myself.

Is Spot the cat in there somewhere, I wonder?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
it would have been funny if that background was actually made out of blocks also, but at a distance that would make it look like a complete image