Internet Retailer Seemingly Reveals Gran Turismo 6 Release Date

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Internet Retailer Seemingly Reveals Gran Turismo 6 Release Date

To the surprise of no one, Gran Turismo 6 is imminent. To the surprise of everyone, it may be a PlayStation 3 title.

At least, that's the claim inadvertently made by online retailer NewEgg.com. Late last night (or early this morning, depending on your time zone), a listing appeared on NewEgg for Gran Turismo 6. This isn't huge news as Sony's made no secret that a sixth Gran Turismo title is in development. More notable however is that the NewEgg listing had Gran Turismo 6 labeled as a PlayStation 3 title, instead of a release for the upcoming, newly-revealed PlayStation 4.

Ah, but the NewEgg page (which has since been replaced by a far less interesting placeholder [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=79-261-422&Tpk=N82E16879261422]) didn't stop there with its spilling of Sony's precious beans. According to NewEgg, Gran Turismo 6 will debut on November 28. Given that Sony plans to launch the PlayStation 4 before the end of 2013, this could very well mean that Gran Turismo 6 will debut on a system that has recently been rendered obsolete by its newer, shinier successor.

Everything about this seems odd, but at the same time we've seen stranger decisions from Sony - The relative dearth of support for the technically excellent Vita handheld, for instance. So, while aren't going to claim that NewEgg's revelation is certainly the gospel truth, we also don't know any reason to not believe the company (or, more specifically, its apparently unplanned mistake).

Honestly, we're just hoping that whenever and wherever Gran Turismo 6 appears, that it doesn't require a massive, months-in-coming 2.0 patch just to offer the full feature set promised by Sony prior to the title's launch. Gran Turismo 5 would have been a much better game if Sony had only waited until it was actually complete before releasing it.

Source: Gamespot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/gran-turismo-6-appears-for-playstation-3-in-retailer-listing-6407087]

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
Well, I'll just hope the "mistake" was accurate and that it's a PS3 game, since I had no intention of buying a PS4 what-so-ever.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
AC10 said:
Get ready for 57 more versions of the Nissan Skyline!!!
the irony if a certain car ad playing in the corner of my screen whilst reading that is superb!

OT: am I the only one who's bored of these games,
sure they look pretty but the actually game play doesn't really move on

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Too bad GT5 was a heap of crap. Means i won't be buying GT6.
Seriously, i bought my PS3 specifically for GT5 and what did i get? GT4 with some better textures and no nitrous.

Polyphony are dead to me and it doesn't matter what console GT6 is released on, i won't waste my money on it. Forza 2 is superior to GT5, let alone FM3/FM4. GT6 will be going head to head with FM5, and it will lose. No ifs, no buts, polyphony have shown themselves to be incompetent fools who can't even make a goddamn clutch button work.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
putowtin said:
AC10 said:
Get ready for 57 more versions of the Nissan Skyline!!!
the irony if a certain car ad playing in the corner of my screen whilst reading that is superb!

I get Hyundai adverts here. Much less exciting. Anyway, I can actually see this story being slightly plausible. Remember the photo-realistic driving game Sony showed at the PS4 event, and how it wasn't Gran Turismo?

They wouldn't have 2 driving games as launch titles, so why not another PS3 GT!

Big_Boss_Mantis

May 28, 2012
Sometimes I just don't get Sony.
Of course, they like them monies so it would make some sense releasing GT6 (their best selling franchise) on a system that has a big install base. More copies sold.

But, really, how they expect to sell PS4s ??
Last time I checked, this year has had so far a new Bioshock and a new God Of War, the latter obviously released by Sony.
And the PS3 is looking forward to GTA 6, two Metal Gear Solid games, Gran Turismo 6, another Assassin's Creed.
And promising new franchises, as Remember Me and Watch Dogs. That's just off the top of my head.
The big names are sticking with the current gen, for the time being. And let's not forget, the next iteration of these franchises will probably take 2+ years to come out! (except for AC, which I can't stand anymore)
As we well know, GAMES sell consoles. Sony should know that by now.
So, really, what's in it for the PS4? Infamous and Killzone?! Those franchises failed to sell great numbers even on the well estabilished PS3. They are NOT system sellers. A completely out of place port of Diablo 3 (that apparently wasn't even that great) that's ALSO comingo to the PS3?!
Didn't they learn ANYTHING from the terrible PS3 launch that nearly destroyed the brand?

I have been an avid Sony consumer since the PS2. I own a PSP, an PS3, a PS Vita, my cell is an Xperia Play (love it!), and yes, I even own a friggin' PLAYSTATION DILD... I mean MOVE controller! Still, I see absolutely no reason to get a PS4.

And the poor Vita? Such great potential going to waste because Sony just can't get their act together and bother to put their studios to develop for it. GOW: Ascension should have been an exclusive Vita Game (even if the game is mediocre, it is still a big name). Gran Turismo 6 should have been a Vita game (there is still hope for cross buy, actually, assuming Sony isn't completely idiot). Ni No Kuni, maybe. Hell, Little Big Planet Karting could have had better chances on the struggling Vita.
Where is the Vita version of Injustice? I probably would have bought that, even if I'm not too interested in its console counterpart.
Why Sony can't get Rockstar to support the Vita? They surely supported the PSP. Where is GTA: Chinatown Wars 2? I would pay top dollar for that. Red Dead Redemption prequel, with Marston and Dutch riding on the same gang, wrecking havoc, ending with the gang leaving Marston for dead... Vita would be the perfect place for it!

Sony should have paid out of their asses to get a timed exclusivity in the MGS V: Phantom Pain. And to put it on the PS4.
Just imagine: you could play Ground Zeroes on PS3 or Xbox 360, but the rest of the story (Phantom Pain) is only on PS4 (for the time being).

Instead, we have an abandoned portable and a PS4 launching with few games and ZERO big-names-system-sellers.

benvorbeck

Mar 18, 2011
putowtin said:
this is more a simulator than a game, the best way to enjoy it imo is to join a good
racing community and the possibilities are endless.

thats just how i enjoy it and i dont think i will ever get bored with it :)

anyway, check out ronin-gt.net/forum if you're interested ;)