The Great Step Forward

Dec 14, 2009
It's a sad day when you have to provide context for the joke.

But seeing as how the last two comics got a myriad of 'I don't it', then I can understand why :D

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I've found it more funny than anything because I only just now conquered my spelling of 'necessary'. I kept switching the c's and the s's.
Neck-ess-ary, minus the 'k'.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
langauge iz veri flooid pritty shure yoo kan mish spel evree wurd yoo uze grammeh natzi's bee dammened.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
ryo02 said:
langauge iz veri flooid pritty shure yoo kan mish spel evree wurd yoo uze grammeh natzi's bee dammened.
Your grammar sucks, flooidd is spelled with two d's.

OT: It's odd, often I don't get the strips, this time where the context is provided I got it without any problems...

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Hooray! I finally got the music lyric at the end of the strip! Of course, any Python fan worth his salt is going to get it, but still, I got it for a change.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
itsthesheppy said:
I must have missed a news story.
oh I saw the context we were given I'm just saying perfect spelling is over rated you might say it isn't "necessary".

and I just quoted the wrong post -_-;

Yopaz said:
ryo02 said:
Your grammar sucks, flooidd is spelled with two d's.

OT: It's odd, often I don't get the strips, this time where the context is provided I got it without any problems...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Heh, I always get the number of "c"s an "s"s mixed up to.

But...spellcheques have bin round four ages. Grammar chequers, that's what ewe wont.

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
And why, I must ask, is Erin not at the front of the torch-bearing mob with something like flaming nunchuku or maybe a BFG? After all, she goes all out for spiders, so why not the editors?

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Now, call me crazy, but isn't what Mr. Jaffe suggesting similar to, but not identical to, what the BBC does?

Of course the BBC has editors and such, but they are bound by it's Royal Charter and Agreement to maintain "editorial independence" and, because of the licence fee providing guaranteed income (i.e. no need for advertisers) they can cover stories in any which way as long as it remains neutral and independent, even as a state broadcaster.

The way I see it, what the hypothetical Kickstarter money would do is give the hypothetical writing team that same level of editorial/writing independence.

tl;dr: make the whole of the BBC a games focused news outlet.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Chrono212 said:
Now, call me crazy, but isn't what Mr. Jaffe suggesting similar to, but not identical to, what the BBC does?

Of course the BBC has editors and such, but they are bound by it's Royal Charter and Agreement to maintain "editorial independence" and, because of the licence fee providing guaranteed income (i.e. no need for advertisers) they can cover stories in any which way as long as it remains neutral and independent, even as a state broadcaster.

The way I see it, what the hypothetical Kickstarter money would do is give the hypothetical writing team that same level of editorial/writing independence.

tl;dr: make the whole of the BBC a games focused news outlet.
If it gets Jim Sterling on Have I Got News For You then I'm all for this.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I don't think the link was necessary (ha ha, I am smarter than that journalist!) to explain the joke. I suppose context is nice though.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
It's a sad day when you have to provide context for the joke.

But seeing as how the last two comics got a myriad of 'I don't it', then I can understand why :D
It's even more sad that people haven't seen "Say Anything" and don't realize how Activision is evil.

Like Bill Cosby, I have a bad taste in my mouth now..