Bethesda Wraps It Up With Final Vine Teaser

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Wraps It Up With Final Vine Teaser

[vine=bUqveJ2uFeZ]​
The third and final Bethesda video teaser is here, and it makes just as much sense as the first two.

For your viewing pleasure this morning, I bring you six more seconds of inscrutable video nonsense courtesy of Bethesda, which has promised in writing that this third Vine teaser of God-knows-what will also be the last. The mystery will be revealed tomorrow, April 19, which means that if you want to prove how smart you are to friends, relatives and strangers on the internet, you better get a move on.

Not that this clip is likely to be much help, but let's take a look. It's a big window with a round, glowing electric light immediately to its right near the top, and some guy sticking his bedhead into the frame. The audio remains the same as the previous two videos, and may very well just be the result of a busted mic that nobody's noticed. And that would be it.

Some interesting ideas about what this could be leading to have been Zwei [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.405985-Bethesda-Springs-Second-Creepy-Vine-Teaser?page=1]. I'm keeping my nickel on Prey 2 - not that I necessarily believe that's what it is (I believe!) but somebody has to keep that torch burning.

Source: Vine [https://vine.co/v/bUqveJ2uFeZ]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm still holding out for a new IP in a unique setting. Come on Beth, don't let me down!

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Valve is out sourcing Half Life 3 to Bethesda. It's the only logical answer.

OT I really like this vague marketing. Super 8 did a smashing job of it as well. Give a bunch of small little drops and maybe a meta game (a la Valve's Potato thing from a few years back) mold breaking marketing FTW!

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
DLC/Expansion/Sequel to Dishonored? Its really hard to say. Have not seen the prior teasers and really Bethesda is increasingly losing my interest. However I base this more to any other reason the architectural style of the window. With such vaugeries, one guess is as good as any, right?

Edit: after watching the other videos, I will stick with it being related to Dishonored. We detect the same warehouse/window in Vid 2/3, and in Vid 1 we have more "classical" record that fits more with the victorian/steampunkish feel of Dishonored and would obviously exclude TES & Fallout. You might be able to point to something like Wolfenstein but to me with how well received Dishonored was and Bethesdas track histories, the devs capitalizing within the same "generation" on its last new IP makes the most sense that way for next gen it would be looking at a more fleshed out stable of titles to try to hit the ground running with in their push to have at the very least yearly releases.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I still have no idea what they are cooking up, but it's definitely something psychological related. Things that look like hospitals/ asylums, barbed wire, record players, burning flowers and now... shadowy figures and silhouetted vines. It still has a Lovecraftian feel to it.

I wonder if the game will be linear or open world. yesh imagine an open world Cthulhu game.

Madman Muntz

Apr 16, 2013
Sadly enough at this point their silly little videos have actually made me no longer care what it is. Rather than piquing my interest they've actually managed to piss me off. It just feels they are trying too hard and puts me in mind of something not clever like those ghastly Innocent Smoothies adverts with the terrible Flash Gordon theme parody.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
dragongit said:
I wonder if the game will be linear or open world. yesh imagine an open world Cthulhu game.
Honestly, doing a new Call of Cthulu game is one of the few things that would personally get me excited for anything from Bethesda. Its definitely a good time with how old the last one is and how much Bethesda has "expanded" on what they can do. Perhaps it would finally be the fully fleshed out C`thulu game that so many have been wanting but remains just out of reach.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Madman Muntz said:
Sadly enough at this point their silly little videos have actually made me no longer care what it is. Rather than piquing my interest they've actually managed to piss me off. It just feels they are trying too hard and puts me in mind of something not clever like those ghastly Innocent Smoothies adverts with the terrible Flash Gordon theme parody.
Indeed. just tell me what it is already or go away Bethsheda. I normally like you but this beginning to annoy me.

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
Madman Muntz said:
Same here.

I wish they and everyone would just say what they are working on then some idea of an release date like winter 2013. Like they used to.

This whole teasing crap guess what it is marketing really pisses me off

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Bethesda published Call of Cthulhu didn't they? maybe it's another H.P.Lovecraft based game. the tone of the videos seem to fit.

Madman Muntz

Apr 16, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
So we'll be playing as the barded wire beard of Cuthulu's interior decorator?
. . . Who collects vintage vinyl, likes to prune flowers with a flamethrower, and is too short to reach a windowsill.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Bindal said:
Am I the only one, who doesn't exclude the option of a new IP?
Yes, you are. Literally every other human being in the world is completely convinced that it can't be a new IP.

OT: I'm still hoping it's Orchestra Hero, but this teaser doesn't seem to suggest anything of the sort.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
well atleast we only have to wait another day for Bethesda to stop this pretentious artsy advertising

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Im really interested in there new game, and we should find out tomorrow. But all these teasers are a waste of time and pointless.