These Replica Mass Effect Weapons Will Reap Your Wallet

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
These Replica Mass Effect Weapons Will Reap Your Wallet

You could own a model of Commander Shepard's favorite gun on the Citadel.

There's always praise and discussion around Mass Effect's storyline and characters, but don't forget that the series has had some really cool-looking guns. Futuristic designs with a firm grounding in practicality have made for some excellent replicas, from fan-made creations to some notable professionally-crafted models. Acclaimed replica manufacturer Triforce is adding a few more entries to the upper end of that list with three new replica weapons from Mass Effect 3: the M-6 Carnifex, the M-77 Paladin, and the Geth Pulse Rifle.

Each of the guns is a 1:1 scale replica of the in-game model, expertly sculpted, painted, and cast in polystone. The Carnifex and Paladin pistols measure 12.5 inches in length and weigh seven pounds, while the Geth Pulse Rifle has a little more heft, stretching 33 inches and weighing in at 20 pounds. All three models feature some flashy LED effects. Quality craftsmanship doesn't come cheap, though, so you'd better have some spare credits set aside. The pistols will be retailing for $400, shipping in Q3 2013, and the rifle will set you back $750 when it ships in Q1 2014.

[gallery=1452]

These are collectors' items, for sure: none of the models will have more than 500 units produced worldwide. If you're one of the lucky/wealthy few, though, you'll be sure to earn admiration from your sci-fi gaming friends, and probably some strange looks from everyone else. Pre-orders are open now on Triforce's website for the Pulse Rifle [http://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=31]. While you're there, you can check out Triforce's previous foray into Mass Effect weaponry, the M-3 Predator pistol and M-8 Avenger assault rifle. These guys know their pretend guns.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I want a Carnifex so bad. I could afford it, but I can't justify it unless I had a damn-good costume to go along with it. Unfortunately Mass Effect cosplay is very difficult to do well.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'd like to meet the man who had a computer big enough for these pictures.

On topic, those guns look pretty cool, but I'm not interested.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Oh god, that Geth Rifle... Oh, I need it. I can't, and probably never will be able to afford it but wow. Want, so badly.
It was always my default assault rifle in both ME1 and 2 once you could get it. Love that gun.

I'd sort of love to see a Collector assault rifle done by these guys.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Damnit Escapist! Now I'm going to spend the next month fighting with myself about it, then caving in and preordering the Geth Rifle as soon as I get my next paycheck.

Why must you hate my wallet so?!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
DVS BSTrD said:
Why couldn't you get pictures small enough to view on my screen :(
And why did they include the Geth Rifle, everyone knows the Geth Shotgun is where it's at.
The rifle is way more iconic though. As awesome as it was, the Geth Shotgun always felt like a ripoff of Samus' main arm-gun-blaster.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I like the way they have made them look believable, rather than that shiny, plastic look so many cosplay/replica's have. I don't think I'd buy one even if I was rich, but they are very well made.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
They look nice, but I'm not impressed. I have an idea to make my own M-3 Predator replica with a mechanism that will allow it to collapse and expand like in the game and also have a firing sound from the game and LED muzzle flash in the barrel. If someone can do that before I do it then I'll be impressed. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Those look cool, but their not my favorite Mass Effect 3 gun, so not too gutted their way out of my price league.

If they make a locust... then I'll be upset I can't afford one.

Oct 2, 2012
I. Want. Them. All.
I love the guns from Mass effect and my two favorites (design wise if not gameplay wise) are the Geth rifle and the Paladin.
I could afford both if I dip into my savings but I am not willing to do that for anything unless I'd go hungry without it.
*sigh*... Maybe one day, before I die, someone will just make some more for a cheaper price, or make a real one. I'd blow all of my money on a real one if I was old and about to die. Oh well, guess I'll go look at them in game some more.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Those look phenomenal and while I love the ME series, I'm not that dedicated that I'd fork over that amount of money for a pretty doorstop.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
Why don't they just make a whole line of these and not limited runs? I can't help but think if you pushed production price down and made a lot of them that the Mass Effect fanbase would buy them up to make a fair return on the initial investment. There's a huge cosplay gathering just asking for these things. Or they could also make a line that fire paintballs/bbs for all those long wished for larp first contact war paintball fights! It's like some companies don't WANT to make money :(

The

Jan 24, 2012
First replica weapons, then a replica Normandy. After that, a replica crew...

Err... That last part sounded less sexual in my head.

Captcha: have courage

Which is why I posted this.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Will these also magically transform into pistols and assault rifles because of Bioware's laziness like in ME3?