Blood Dragon Launch Trailer Puts Its Balls To the Wall

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Blood Dragon Launch Trailer Puts Its Balls To the Wall

The completely absurd Far Cry 3 spin-off will receive the freshly minted R18+ rating [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121292-Australias-R18-Classification-Starts-Today] in Australia due to a "high-impact sex scene."

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is the completely absurd 80's-action-movie-inspired stand-alone spin-off for Far Cry 3. We've covered few [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123105-Far-Cry-3-Blood-Dragon-Is-Neon-Soaked-80s-Action] stories regarding this amazing neon-soaked extravaganza, but that's only because each piece of news we hear about it only seems to solidify its awesomeness. The game comes out tomorrow, but Ubisoft's PR team is giving us one final trailer, revealing that the game will receive an R18+ rating in Australia for a "high-impact sex scene." Fantastic.

While the other promotional trailers for the game focused more on parodying 80's pop culture than showing us the actual game, this one is almost all gameplay, showing us some of the highlights we can expect to see as Sergeant Rex "Power" Colt. "There's only one force powerful enough to stop an army of rampaging killer cyborgs, mutated scientists, metal sharks and vicious Blood Dragons that shoot lasers from their eyes -- that force is you."

Rex is part man, part machine, all American, and he will be portrayed by all American science fiction favorite Michael Behin (The Terminator, Aliens). "He's got the science, he's got the firepower and he's got the robo balls," spouts the other-enthusiastic voice over. The trailer showcases Rex blowing things up and spouting one-liners. "I'm not a hero," he says, "Policemen. Firemen. Janitors. Those are the real heroes."

The game will be released for digital platforms (Steam, Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network) tomorrow. Pre-orders of the Steam edition will net you a digital copy of the game's soundtrack, but those of you willing to wait until May 3rd can pick up a retail edition with a physical soundtrack and a free poster. The retail edition is exclusive to PC.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
This game takes the cheesy awesome to 11. The basic gameplay is pretty much Far Cry 3, with a few minor changes. But man, is it hilarious.

Totally worth it.

Wish more devs would take assets from their AAA games and release smaller, cheaper, but equally well crafted games.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
This looks hilariously awesome. I'm going to have get this some time soon, if only for the super cheesy 80s theme.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
SacremPyrobolum said:
Please tell me that "high-impact sex scene" is actually a term that the Aussies use for rating!
It is! If you watch the rating quote at the start of this video you'll see it pop up

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
SacremPyrobolum said:
Please tell me that "high-impact sex scene" is actually a term that the Aussies use for rating!
It is! If you watch the rating quote at the start of this video you'll see it pop up
setting eyebrows to "waggle"

is this game trying too hard? only time will tell.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
weirdguy said:
Steven Bogos said:
SacremPyrobolum said:

Too hard? Oh, please...

Anyways, pre-ordered this on Steam yesterday; can't wait.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Yay, this game just defibrillated my betrayed Duke Nukem Fan heart! It may not be Duke Nukem, but at least it's something like it was supposed to be!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
OH SHIT IT'S OUT TODAY! *runs to download* Thank goodness I got paid today! Makes the feeling even sweeter!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
As some-one who was born in 1988 I have to ask...

What the hell did I just watch?

[small](and is it ok I want to play blood dragon now?)[/small]

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
The 80s... It's too strong.

After seeing some gameplay, I gotta say, this looks fucking awesome.

Just a few questions though: Approximately how long does it take to complete it and how much does it cost?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I've lived through the era of 80s action films. Movies like Commando, Rambo, and Running Man playing on the VCR and Betamax machines were my bread and butter. Farcry 3: Blood Dragon looks like one of those long-lost films. Over the top action, cheesy dialog, and more testosterone than a meeting of the Steroid Abusers Club. Hope it lives up to the hype.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I've been playing it for a bit now (pretty sure the NDA is up, but if not oh well) and I have to say this may be my game of the year. I absolutely adore this game. I think they could have done a bit more with it, but for the price I can't complain about the level of content. Perhaps Ubi will release a mod tool and allow us to add content.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Well a lot of people do seem to get penetrated in this game.
weirdguy said:
Steven Bogos said:
SacremPyrobolum said:

Or you could just ask TotalBiscuit
<youtube=13-xD2arz0I>
I have to ask how he missed the honey badger reference. Literally seconds after he sees them talking about honey badgers he misses an opportunity to make a honey badger doesn't give a s*** reference. His feeling seem to sum mine up pretty well on the game. I support this review 100%.

Aug 1, 2010
This looks utterly amazing in every way.

By far the best part is the "High Impact Sex Scene"

Sounds like some kind of giant robot orgy.

I thought it was just the game being funny until I read the article...

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
The camp in this made my eyes water, can't wait to play it. If only there were more games willing to set the ridiculous to 11...

Yokta

Mar 23, 2013
As someone who was born in 1995 I have to say...
Goddamnit, I hate being seventeen!