Batman: Arkham Origins Studio Seeks Next-Gen AAA Talent

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Batman: Arkham Origins Studio Seeks Next-Gen AAA Talent

Could this mean a next-gen port, or a different superhero game altogether?

If you have 10 or more years of design experience, have shipped at least 1-3 titles as Design Lead or Creative Director, and - most important, this - are an expert in next-generation AAA action/adventure games, then WBIE Montreal, the Time Warners division dealing with Batman: Arkham Origins, would like to hear from you. This job advert prompts the question: does WBIE Montreal's interest in finding an expert in next-generation AAA action titles mean a swift next-gen port for Arkham Origins? Or is there something else up WBIE Montreal's sleeve?

It's definitely DC related. "This team will be responsible for expanding the DC Comics universe in the interactive space," the advert reads. Whoever gets the post will also be responsible for "evangelizing the game" internally and externally, as well as being its cheerleader in discussions with top WB executives. Phrases like "expanding the DC comics universe" strongly suggest something other than Batman is on WBIE Montreal's mind, and it's not as if there aren't other properties [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/movie-trailers/7151-Man-of-Steel-Theatrical-Trailer] Warner's could exploit.

So if you think you have what it takes to work in Warner's DC comics universe, and fancy a shot at becoming WBIE Montreal's latest Creative Director, I hope you've got the necessary next-gen credibility; sounds as though you may need it.

Source: Time Warner [https://careers.timewarner.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobid=624004&jobreqlang=1&recordstart=1&jobsiteid=36&jobsiteinfo=624004_36&gqid=0&partnerid=391&siteid=36&type=mail]

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
nooooo!
they're going to riddle us this, riddle us that then end up with a mangled bat :(

holy loopholes batman, i need the bat-time-dilator!

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
While I can't really judge the game yet as we've seen nothing so far, why this company and not rocksteady? Surely if they want any company in charge of the DC-GamiVerse, they'd be the guys. I'm hope Origins will be good but inclusion of Multiplayer (ARGHHH!) and them passing on Kevin Conroy does not fill me with hope.

I mean seriously the only other games WB Montreal have developed are Cartoon Universe and Lego Legends of Chima Online, two games which ain't even out yet, are likely to be shovel-ware, they've hardly proved that they should be in charge of the DCGV

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
elvor0 said:
While I can't really judge the game yet as we've seen nothing so far, why this company and not rocksteady? Surely if they want any company in charge of the DC-GamiVerse, they'd be the guys. I'm hope Origins will be good but inclusion of Multiplayer (ARGHHH!) and them passing on Kevin Conroy does not fill me with hope.

I mean seriously the only other games WB Montreal have developed are Cartoon Universe and Lego Legends of Chima Online, two games which ain't even out yet, are likely to be shovel-ware, they've hardly proved that they should be in charge of the DCGV
Probably because it is cheaper for them to make and they know a lot of people will buy the game because of the popularity of the previous two. They just need to tack on 'Arkham' to the title and some folks will think it is part of Rocksteady's games. So far it doesn't sound like the game will be up to the same standard, but we could always be suprised (but likely won't).

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
This is sounding increasingly odd, the tried and proven developer gone, the cast replaced, going back to cartoon Bats and now turning out they haven't got their new development team together at all.

Also that "expert in next-generation AAA action titles"... indicative of a hyped up new boy on the job dreaming of that breakthrough blockbuster without an idea how it's made.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
elvor0 said:

Probably because it is cheaper for them to make and they know a lot of people will buy the game because of the popularity of the previous two. They just need to tack on 'Arkham' to the title and some folks will think it is part of Rocksteady's games. So far it doesn't sound like the game will be up to the same standard, but we could always be suprised (but likely won't).
my guess is rocksteady will be saving that justice league game they have been talking about for the next generation so by giving this game to another publisher they could squeeze another couple of million out of this generation. as for the multiplayer i'm still banking on it being similar to hitman's pick a target and take hit out style. Finally, as for Kevin Conroy while i love the sound of that glorious man's voice he did just finish working on injustice as well as the flashpoint movie coming out later this year so it was probably easier and cheaper to get someone else. Hopefully bruce greenwood since he did a good job in under the red hood and young justice