Steam's Selling Tomb Raider's Back Catalogue, 50% Off This Weekend

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Steam's Selling Tomb Raider's Back Catalogue, 50% Off This Weekend

Hello Lara! Ten different items in the collection, you say?

If you just can't get enough of Lara Croft, Steam has some good news for you: there's a weekend deal on Tomb Raider [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10207-Tomb-Raider-Review-An-Icon-Reborn]. What takes your fancy? Just Tomb Raider? Well, that's 50% off. Oh, you want the Tomb Raider: Survival Edition? Well, that's 50% off.

Ahh, but you're a connoisseur; you want the good stuff. Well, take a snifter from the collection, which includes Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tomb Raider I, II, III, IV, V: Chronicles, and VI: Angel of Darkness . That's ten items in all, at 50% off.

What's that? You think I've missed something? You think there ought to be one more, to bring the collection up to ten? Well, as a matter of fact, there is one more: Tomb Raider itself. If you just want it on its own, at $24.99, that's perfectly fine; but if you want the whole thing, that's a mere $34.99. The sale lasts until 6th May, so if this interests you, better hurry!

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/203160/]

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I'd put forward that GOG.com's weekend EA Electronic Arts[footnote]Because this is from the time when they were artists; before it was decided that was just way too many syllables to have in a company name and two letters was deemed more appropriate.[/footnote] promo is more worthy of the attention. Look at all the classics!
Ultima series
Wing Commander series
Theme Hospital
Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2
Syndicate
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Sim City 2000
Populus
Magic Carpet
and many, many more, almost all at $2.39 each. Shut up and buy stuff.

UrinalDook

Jan 7, 2013
MORE IMPORTANTLY pretty much every Star Wars PC game ever (with the sad exception of the X-Wing series) is two thirds off.

KotOR 2 is only £2.40. Seriously, go buy it. Especially if you already owned it, but only on Xbox. Buy it, download the Restored Content Mod and revel in the glory of an almost completed game.

And Mysteries of the Sith, the one and only Jedi Knight expansion is 60 friggin' pence. Given that's it's been pretty much impossible to find a physical copy for the last decade, that's an insanely good price for the only game that lets you play as Mara Jade.

Teoes said:
I'd put forward that GOG.com's weekend EA Electronic Arts promo is more worthy of the attention. Look at all the classics!
Wing Commander series
Theme Hospital
and many, many more, almost all at $2.39 each. Shut up and buy stuff.
This, this intrigues me. My only hesitation is that these are two of the greatest games ever, and I'd hate to find that modern games have spoiled me and I can't forgive them certain performance issues...

Although didn't Theme Hospital become freeware at one point?

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
UrinalDook said:
MORE IMPORTANTLY pretty much every Star Wars PC game ever (with the sad exception of the X-Wing series) is two thirds off.

KotOR 2 is only £2.40. Seriously, go buy it. Especially if you already owned it, but only on Xbox. Buy it, download the Restored Content Mod and revel in the glory of an almost completed game.
Thanks for the heads up! I already have some of those (KotOR 1&2), but I had to pick up Jedi Knight 2 for nostalgia's sake. Seriously though, the titling of that game series is pretty effed up.

Also picked up Republic Commando. I remember when a dormmate used to play that and I never got around to it, but it seemed pretty cool. ?3 is fair for a tryout :)

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
Sleekit said:
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which is quite an interesting game if you have an eye for Diablo like games and got some pretty good reviews, is also 50% off and is not on the list given here or on the main "50% off tomb raider games" offer page on Steam :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130/

i went looking to see if it was included cause i've been considering getting it for a while if i could grab it cheap and i thought i'd let anyone else who might be interested know too.

PS. it has co-op...

PSS. it also apparently has 4 small DLCs and those are all reduced as well...to 99p each...
Eh, I tried it, didn't really like it. Felt more like LEGO Star Wars but without the fun. I wish I could grab regular TR reboot though.