Sleeping Dogs Free on PlayStation Plus Next Week

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Sleeping Dogs Free on PlayStation Plus Next Week

PlayStation Plus members can soon infiltrate triads without risking their lives or paying a dime.

Sleeping Dogs was a surprise hit during a year packed with high-quality games. Originally planned as a True Crime sequel, the game put players in the shoes of an undercover police officer infiltrating Hong Kong triads, trying to balance the conflicting loyalties of both worlds. After its initial cancellation, Sleeping Dogs was picked up and published by Square Enix, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9860-Sleeping-Dogs-Review>receiving largely positive reviews and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120134-Sleeping-Dogs-DLC-Goes-Supernatural>multiple DLC expansions along the way. For PlayStation owners who missed out at launch, the game will be featured on next week's PlayStation Plus line-up, allowing all members to download it free of charge starting May 7th.

Sleeping Dogs wasn't exactly an original game, borrowing features like Grand Theft Auto's open world, Arkham City's freeform combat, and even RPG skill trees. That said, these elements managed to fit together quite nicely, while the story and Hong Kong setting were well crafted. There's also no shortage of activities and side quests to take part in, including races, martial arts competitions, police investigations, and even going on dates.

The upcoming Plus line-up also includes sidescroller Knytt Underground and fighting game BlazBlue: Contiuum Shift Extend for the PS3 and Vita. PS3 owners can snatch up Pinball Arcade, which compiles the Tales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Black Hole, and Theater of Magic pinball tables. If you don't happen to have a PlayStation Plus membership, 3 month subscriptions are priced at $17.99 in the PlayStation Store.

Source: Joystiq

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
I hate to be 'that guy', but over here in the EU, we got Sleeping Dogs and Knytt Underground on PS+ months ago, yet it somehow makes news only when the US finally gets it?

*Mumbles to self about the americanisation of worldwide media*

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
GenGenners said:
I hate to be 'that guy', but over here in the EU, we got Sleeping Dogs and Knytt Underground on PS+ months ago, yet it somehow makes news only when the US finally gets it?

Hey, you got Thomas Was Alone free on PS+ pretty much the day it was available for download on PSN, so you don't get to *****. ;)

I have this on PC, but I have trouble remembering to play my games on it. Putting this game on PS3 might finally give me the chance to finish it.

Lokoloshe

Nov 8, 2010
This is great.

Sadly it's just one more game in my backlog.

Must... Resist... Urge... to... Quit... Job.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Knight Captain Kerr said:
Is this just the North America or is it Europe too?
Europe already had it a while back, so you've missed your chance unfortunately.

Quiotu said:
GenGenners said:

Hey, you got Thomas Was Alone free on PS+ pretty much the day it was available for download on PSN, so you don't get to *****. ;)

I have this on PC, but I have trouble remembering to play my games on it. Putting this game on PS3 might finally give me the chance to finish it.
Thomas Was Alone is freaking amazing by the way. I love Douglas Adams-esque humour :D

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
GenGenners said:
Aww, I have a voucher that I got with Hitman Absolution that gives me a free 30 day trial of Plus and everything. Oh well. just have to find some other time to use it between now and the end of the year.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'd recommend this game to anyone, its a lot of fun. Really took me by surprise.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Soxafloppin said:
I'd recommend this game to anyone, its a lot of fun. Really took me by surprise.
What this guy said, great visuals, great combat, not a bad story at all.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
GenGenners said:
Knight Captain Kerr said:
Is this just the North America or is it Europe too?
Dammit, saw it a few weeks ago and never got around to it. Thought it was coming back when I saw the headline.