EVE Turns 10

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
EVE Turns 10

EVE Online celebrates 10 years of service.

Read Full Article

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
And not even a single mention of 'spreadsheets in space'. Bravo.

But in all seriousness, it is an unusual MMO that hasn't suffered the surge, plateau and decline. It had emergent gameplay before emergent gameplay was a thing which certainly helped it's longevity.

Although I don't play EVE, I still like the idea of it and look forward to what it will do in the next 10 years.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Fun fact:

EVE online is what got me started reading Escapist Magazine in the first place. Back when it was a pdf, maybe issue 15 or 20-something, there was a big spread on EVE and how it was changing the MMO space. I've been here ever since.. Good read..

Damn, now I'm feelin' all nostalgic and shit.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I like Eve online, it is deeper and more complex and any other MMO out there. Simply because of the players trying to out-fox each other. Unfortunately I live in China so the connection to 'outside' China servers can be... intermittent. Rage quitting was a problem (because of lag issues). I also don't have the time to sink into such a rich game now.

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
Before I joined Eve I had problems with the interface, about sinking time and money into it and having no one else particularly interested in it. Fast forward a few years and the game became vastly more accessible. You don't need to spend hours playing to have fun, you don't need to spend a fortune on subscriptions, you just need a bit of cunning and a lot of ideas.

Loved the article, love the game.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Chrono212 said:
Although I don't play EVE, I still like the idea of it and look forward to what it will do in the next 10 years.
That's my thoughts as well.

I might play this game once I have way too much time on my hands, but I don't think I would stick out for long. A good MMO (in my opinion) needs hardcore AND casual activities, so you can relax doing something easy on a stressful day and challenge yourself on a good day.

Still, it is very pleasant to hear that EVE is still going strong and bringing out interesting content.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I watched that last video on page 3.

I can see it in the future expansion. A choice, abandon the empires of man, or build them up and protect the mortals, or stay neutral and profit from the destruction.

I do love EVE.