Bethesda Teases Something Else

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Teases Something Else

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/331411493696462848]​
Another day, another vague tease from Bethesda - but this one has an interesting twist.

Bethesda churned up a lot of interest in its reveal [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123394-Bethesda-Reveals-The-Evil-Within] of The Evil Within last month by tossing out some weird Vine videos in advance of the announcement without telling anyone what they were. It's a classic technique and it works; some gamers claim to find it annoying but it gets people talking and, more importantly, and paying attention. And so it is that Bethesda is at it again, this time with a few still images and an odd hash tag.

Earlier today, Bethesda Softworks tweeted [https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/331408513068847105] a link to a three-part image and a mention of GameSpot, which over the course of the day revealed all three images in full, although none of them proved to be of much value in determining what Bethesda is up to. One is a very HAL-9000-ish glowing red eye; one appears to be some kind of futuristic fondue pot for dipping the souls of the damned; and the last is perhaps a rack of small, high-explosive rockets, the sort of thing you might see at the end of Megatron's backscratcher. All three are emblazoned with the mysterious hash tag #1960.

Very interestingly, Bethesda Softworks tweeted [https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/331411493696462848] shortly after revealing the first image that "this morning's tease is not related to anything @BGS_Devs is working on." That's a reference to Bethesda Game Studios, the maker of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games; Bethesda Softworks publishes them but also handles games by other studios including id Software, Human Head, Splash Damage, Obsidian and several others.

[gallery=1479]

It seems clear to me that this is a build-up to a Prey 2 "re-announcement," but since I've been slightly off-base about this once before I'm willing to entertain suggestions that it might be something else. There's been a bit of talk here and there that it could be a new Wolfenstein game , and of course there's always the possibility that it's something entirely new. Bethesda hasn't dropped any hints as to when we'll find out, but when we know, you'll know.

Source: GameSpot [https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/331506466664116224]

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Obviously, a famous movie is about to get a game based off of it.
<youtube=kkyUMmNl4hk>

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, Bethesda really took Jim's pasta sauce video to heart. Not only are they releasing spicy and chunky, they're releasing garlic and onion, tangy, and mystery flavored.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
erttheking said:
Jesus Christ, Bethesda really took Jim's pasta sauce video to heart. Not only are they releasing spicy and chunky, they're releasing garlic and onion, tangy, and mystery flavored.
Its up to people like Bethesda to show us that developers still have a soul.

Also Bungie.

And Valve.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
At one time, Bethesda has the license to Terminator. I don't know if they still do.

The last movie was crap, but I think you could still make a good game out of the franchise...

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
I know this isn't it but I really, really, really want to see Bethesda do a big science fiction epic. I want the same attention to detail and world building with crazy playable aliens. In the mean time i'm sure it'll be something interesting.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I pray to the powers that be that this is Fallo-

"this morning's tease is not related to anything @BGS_Devs is working on."

Dammit!

Come on Bethesda! I want my Fallout 4!

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Kind of hoping it's for Prey 2 as well.
The first one is a fairly underrated rough cut gem and I've been wondering what happened to the sequel.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
FALLOUT4FALLOUT4FALLOUT4FALLOUT4FALLOUT4FALLOUT4FALLOUT4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I REALLY want Fallout 4. Hopefully they take the cues of Skyrim and keep the Radiant quest system. A Fallout game I can play forever? YES PLEASE!

EDIT: I want to point out that their last reveal was REALLY disappointing. Leave the horror games to the indie devs please.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I thought they were going to tease a game that doesn't randomly crash.

Horror games are tough to do since not everyone is scared as easily or the same. Better off with something safe like Fallout 4.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
On one hand I love me some quality science fiction, on the other I want to cry myself to sleep it's not fallout or a new Elder Scrolls. It will be a good game, but I am sooo dissapointed :(

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oddly, all I can think of is a revival of a Batman TAS villain, one who created robot duplicates of key important people in Gotham City.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
"Oh holy fuck it's got to be Fallout 4 there's just no fucking way it's not Fallout 4"/sarcasm.

I'm hoping it's something new and interesting that isn't going to be something with a hype name attached to it and doesn't require a million patches to make the game stable.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
Nimzabaat said:
I know this isn't it but I really, really, really want to see Bethesda do a big science fiction epic. I want the same attention to detail and world building with crazy playable aliens. In the mean time i'm sure it'll be something interesting.
^This, definitely. Something like Mass Effect meets Elder Scrolls...

Oh wait, that sounds like Destiny. Well we could always do with an not-always-online one for us plebs with crappy internet.