NetherRealm Surveys Fans to Help Choose Injustice Characters

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
NetherRealm Surveys Fans to Help Choose Injustice Characters

NetherRealm Lead Ed Boon has started an unofficial survey asking fans to pick DC characters for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

It's barely been more than a month since the release of Injustice: Gods Among Us, but the game has already established a healthy base of players eager to pit their favorite superheroes and villains against each other in combat. While the game's initial cast included twenty-four different characters from across the DC universe, the selection left some unsatisfied as their personal favorites didn't make the cut. To try and remedy some disappointments, the game's developer, NetherRealm Studious, has been hard at work readying DLC to add new fighters to the game.

The teams efforts have already begun paying off. The Superman <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123602-Lobo-Gives-Batman-The-Finger-In-Debut-Footage>villain Lobo, was made available on May 7th, while <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123885-Batgirl-Takes-Revenge-On-The-Joker-In-New-Injustice-Clip>Batgirl should also be up for grabs in the near future. These two aside, there remains a whole plethora of heroes and villains fans want included in the game. Perhaps hoping to narrow the options down a bit, NetherRealm lead Ed Boon recently asked his <a href=https://twitter.com/noobde/status/332687366416384001>Twitter followers to take an <a href=http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BZCM3BS>unofficial survey about which characters they'd next like to see added to Injustice.

The survey included as choices: Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, Powergirl, Red Hood, Static Shock, Swamp Thing and Zatanna. When asked by one of his Twitter followers why Justice League of America member Martian Manhunter wasn't on the list, Boon replied that the superhero would automatically take the number one spot and that he "Was more curious about remaining characters." While the characters included in Boon's survey are arguably diverse, it's still a short list when you consider the breadth of the DC Universe. The inclusion of Red Hood could also be seen as a tad unnecessary considering the fact that six Injustice fighters, not including Batgirl, already hail from the grim streets of Gotham.

Source: <a href=http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/10/4320326/injustice-gods-among-us-dlc-ed-boon-survey>Polygon

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Kheapathic said:
I'd like to see Power Girl... just to cause rampant debates about sexism and such. The more important reason is because I'm not too savvy on DC characters.
Yes, something about her always does seem to provide a window into gender conversations (see what I did there?).

Personally, I'd like to see some Etrigan or perhaps some Animal Man. I'm not a tremendous DC aficionado, but the Demon Knights and Animal Man New 52 books have both been pretty excellent.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Voted for Power Girl because she's my favourite!!
But gahdangit, why do we have to do this again? She scored really well in the last voting against both Supergirl and Batgirl.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I see Power Girl being a runaway hit here with Zatanna being a possible number 2. I would vote for Blue Beetle though personally. Kind of an under-rated character but I've always had a soft spot for both Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes (I don't think Kord exists in the New 52 universe...)

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Personally, I'd love to see John Constantine. He'd get beaten up without so much as throwing a punch at his opponent, and still he'd somehow win.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I wonder if there is a point to me voting on the poll, considering I lack the game and are still debating on whether or not to get the game. From what I've heard it apparently plays like Street Fighter, and I wasn't a fan of that fighter. Could anyone confirm this for me, and if its playstyle isn't like Street Fighter's, what other fighter game is it most similar to?

Also, if I did get the game it would be for the console I own, the WiiU, but I think I would need to get a Pro controller for others to play it in that case. I'm bound to get one at some point but it is that extra bit of money I don't want to have to spend just yet (mostly in case they release other colours for it).

On to the point of the topic though, I love it when companies ask the consumers what they want to see in future. While the results have yet to come through in the form of DLC characters, I remember Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed doing a similar survey, asking consumers who they would like to see appear as future DLC characters.

The thing I most love about this survey in particular is the comment in regards to my favourite DC character, Martian Manhunter. It does bode well for his chances of getting in the game if they knew that he would be number one of the poll anyway. My problem then with the list is that I then have no idea who I am to vote for. I'm stuck between Blue Beetle, Static Shock and Zatanna, I just can't decide between them.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
blue beetle, the Jaime Reyes version, Ted Kord would also be nice but i think the game already has more than enough super-athelete-marital-artist-with-gadgets characters as it is. unless they make it a BB/Booster Gold tag team.

oh and swamp thing would be nice but i doubt a lot of people even know the character, the only reason i read the books is because he turned up in animal man and everyone was praising the shit out of that book.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
Nothing from Grant Morrison Doom Patrol?

Really want a Red Jack, Scissorman, or Crazy Jane. Mr Nobody? The Quizz? The Candlemaker?

Oh well, Powergirl it is.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I like the picks on the list but the lack of characters like Martian Manhunter, Starfire, and Beast Boy irks me. Unless Boon is working to make them future DLC packs down the road. Screw Zod and Scorpion, I'd like to see a complete Teen Titans roster.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
While Red Hood would have a different playstyle (I'm thinking a mash between Deathstroke and Batman), as much as I love Batman, his family of villians and heroes have got the lions share of the cast, Power Girl would be good, as it also allows her to come with a Supergirl skin (they wouldn't really play that differently to be honest), but I want Martian Manhunter damn it! I feel sorry for Metallo as well, given he's been downgraded to a throwable object.

Thought it is nice that he knows J'onn would be on the top spot, as hopefully that means he's in the works for the next pack.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Power Girl would be the breast best thing for this game. I'm sorry about the bad pun. I need to be punished ;D For real though she is interesting.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
If this works out in any way similar to how Skullgirls did it, most of the final cast will be young girls and a good 80% of the fanbase will be pissed.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
The characters I most want to see are probably King Shark, Ragdoll, Bizarro, and Captain Cold. None of which I can vote for. Damn you, Boon!

MacSkops

Jan 13, 2013
I would've said Redhood, but since theres already a lot of batman characters on the roster, I'll vote static.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Snowblindblitz said:
Nothing from Grant Morrison Doom Patrol?

Really want a Red Jack, Scissorman, or Crazy Jane. Mr Nobody? The Quizz? The Candlemaker?

Oh well, Powergirl it is.
I'm with you there, though for my money it would need to be "HERO OF THE BEACH" Flex Mentallo. But you know they would.just go with Cliff.

Really though my answer for the survey has to be given in the form of a laugh...Bwahaha!

Blue and Gold though, let's not forget the Gold.

Wouldn't mind seeing Big Barda and Mister Miracle in there either.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
It was a tough call between Static, Dr. Fate, Red Hood, and Blue Beetle, but I chose Static. I think they could do a lot with him, and it would be interesting to play as. Course, I always like characters who have lightning base powers. =)