Update: 3DS XL Evolves Into Limited Eevee Edition In Japan

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Update: 3DS XL Evolves Into Limited Eevee Edition In Japan

The official Pokémon Center store will offer the Eevee edition 3DS XL via reservations held by a lottery.

Like Eevee? [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eevee] Live in Japan? Have 18,900 yen lying around? Then good news! The official Pokémon Center store, with 7 locations across Japan, will soon be offering a limited edition Eevee-themed 3DS XL. The Eevee edition 3DS XL will be tough to get, as reservations will be decided via a lottery held from May 15th until June 3rd.

Earlier this month, visitors to Pokémon centers were greeted with a mysterious sign. It read "What? Nintendo 3DS XL is evolving!" and featured a picture of Eevee with the words "Coming Soon" printed behind him. Now, the Eevee edition 3DS XL has been official unveiled, and features a brown-striped color scheme on the front, with a print of Eevee on the back, and a white interior.

This announcement comes almost parallel to Nintendo's announcement of a Metallic Red [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/14/nintendo-3ds-gets-new-metallic-red-colour-in-japan-next-month/] 3DS, due for release in Japan next month. The new red 3DS will be released on June 13th for 15,000 yen and will come with a 4GB SD card. There's currently no release date for a North American model, but we can assume it will come in due course.

The lottery-style reservations were the same way that sales of the previous North America on March 24. [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_XL] Still no news on when (or if) the Charizard and Eevee 3DS XL's will come stateside, but fingers crossed!

Source & Image: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/14/pokemon-center-introduces-limited-edition-eevee-nintendo-3ds-xl/]

Update: The Pokémon company has released some high res screenshots of the limited edition 3DS XL.

[gallery=1500]

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Meh.... To be honest, I think I'd be content with a blue one or a red one.... Evee, Pickachu, Charizard? don't really need them. I didn't even chose charmander for my original run through Red Version back in the day ( I actually chose squirtle) Good old Red vs Blue for me.

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
MorganL4 said:
Meh.... To be honest, I think I'd be content with a blue one or a red one.... Evee, Pickachu, Charizard? don't really need them. I didn't even chose charmander for my original run through Red Version back in the day ( I actually chose squirtle) Good old Red vs Blue for me.
I chose Bulbasaur as my starting back in the good ol' days of 1998, somewhere he's now a level 100 Venusaur on a 2nd generation Gold cartridge (if the battery hasn't already died).

I was going to say that Eevee is a first stage Pokemon that can't be evolved into, though I'm sure a new generation fan will prove me wrong. I think 250 was more than enough to remember after 2nd gen.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Talaris said:
MorganL4 said:
I chose Bulbasaur as my starting back in the good ol' days of 1998, somewhere he's now a level 100 Venusaur on a 2nd generation Gold cartridge (if the battery hasn't already died).

I was going to say that Eevee is a first stage Pokemon that can't be evolved into, though I'm sure a new generation fan will prove me wrong. I think 250 was more than enough to remember after 2nd gen.
Yeah, with 650+ pokemon at this point, they need to change the tagline from "gotta catch em all" to "gotta catch the 50 you actually like"

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I'd love it if they made a transparent purple version, maybe make it Gastly themed.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
*clicked link to see if actually Eevee on the 3DS XL*

SON OF A HGLZDJFNHLIUFGBXDINCVZLHJFDGBXFUHVZSDHFBVX

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

*sees reminder of a POSSIBLE Charizard 3DS XL*

OK, now that's just putting salt in the wound. I might have to send out an e-mail to Nintendo asking if they can make a Kirby Pink 3DS XL if none of these make it stateside. When, or if, I get enough ambition.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
That 3DS reminds me of cake. Now I'm hungry.

Also, I should really get back into pokemon. Hell, I may even try emulating a good old game of Crystal on my phone. Oh the memories of Pokemon Crystal. It was the first game that I had sunken over 100 hours into (at least, that I know of). I had a lv. 100 Typhlosion on that save, had captured Suicune, beaten Red, and had done it all not even knowing the basics about stats, status effect attacks, or even what types of pokemon were good against others. Good times, good times.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
If Nintendo made a Mewtwo themed one or something they can shut up and take my Poké Dollars

Or maybe Houndoom? Or Scizor. Or Umbreon. Feraligatr maybe?

Hey did I mention Gen 2 is my favourite? :p

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Eh, when I saw the stripes I thought they might be better suited to colours for each of the Eeveelutions. I'd be interested in that.

Now I couldn't really care.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
MorganL4 said:
Yeah, with 650+ pokemon at this point, they need to change the tagline from "gotta catch em all" to "gotta catch the 50 you actually like"
At this point they could go with "Pokemon buffet", "Catch what you can", "try n# catch em all".

Throughout most of the Pokemon games I've played I never did try to catch them all because by the time I attempted to in the first game I had already completed the story and had no use for all the others I'd caught so I can't see myself or friends wanting to catch 650+.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Personally, I'm going to take this as a sign that we'll be getting some new Eeveelutions this gen. Why the hell else would we be getting an Eevee 3DS?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'm a HUGE EEVEE fan, but that...thing...is UGLY.

They should have skipped the weird stripes of color and moved the back image to the front.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
It is rather ugly. If they did a Bulbasaur or Turtwig 3DS, I might have to get one. Charizard and Eevee aren't really doing anything for me.

Or Ponyta. I'd totally take a My Little Ponyta 3DS.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Haha, this is never coming state side. This thing's gone to only come here from some person with a lot of money and no common sense importing it.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
Personally, I'm going to take this as a sign that we'll be getting some new Eeveelutions this gen. Why the hell else would we be getting an Eevee 3DS?
One has already been confirmed.
Say hello to Sylveon.

Nobody know the type yet but the big guess has been flying. I say ghost. The ribbons seem... Mystical.

Michael Mifsud

Mar 13, 2010
My daughter just won the lotto for this and picked it up today from the Tokyo Pokemon Center. It's her first 3ds and Eevee is her favorite Pokemon. Since she is 9 I expect its targeting her age group and not older players. Also, Pokemon Centre on a weekend is a MAD HOUSE.