Hawken Dev Pranks Boss: Brosie the Riveter's Banana Saga

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Hawken Dev Pranks Boss: Brosie the Riveter's Banana Saga

Ahh, the post-apocalyptic breeze; see how it sets the banana hammock in motion.

"I have it good," admits the anonymous Hawken [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116128-New-Hawken-Gameplay-Trailer-Will-Rock-en-Your-Socks-en] developer behind Brosie the Riveter. Great job, fun working conditions, and top shelf gender awareness standards. Half the executive staff are female, "half of them are punk rock," says the prankster, "and all of them are badassed." So what's not to like? Well, the cheesecake poster on the outward facing wall in the CEO's office, one which the anonymous developer had to see every single day, first thing in the morning as she came to work, again at night as she left, and when she - along with the other staff - signed it during the holiday party at the CEO's request, vengeance was sworn. Vengeance, Brosie style.

Two bottles of expensive tequila later, she had her ally: Sam Kirk [http://therealsamkirk.com/], an artist and co-worker who shared her dislike of the artwork in question. With his talented help she created the wonder you see before you, "proud, nipples testing the air like young gophers in springtime, the post-apocalyptic breeze gently swaying his banana hammock." Brosie the Riveter, suitably framed, was surreptitiously smuggled into the building in the small hours of the morning and swapped with the offending piece. Her co-workers, arriving for the daily grind, were startled to see Brosie where Rosie once stood; some grin, some ask for prints, some flee. Then the boss gets in.

"We hear a loud: "What the hell is this?!" And then all goes quiet," she says. "Ten minutes pass. We panic."

If you were expecting a tragic end, that's not what transpired. "That was a brilliant prank," he told the prankster. "You called me on exactly the bullshit I need to be called on." Now Brosie and his female counterpart hang side by side in the CEO's office. His creators got lunch on the CEO's dime, and the woman whose brainchild he was has a new credo. "Let's turn this damn industry into the environment we want it to be," she says. "It's hard work, and yes, there are a couple genuine assholes along the way. But if Ruby Underboob can brave the occasional droplet of molten metal, so can we."

Source: The Hawkeye Initiative [http://thehawkeyeinitiative.com/post/50432219744/special-guest-edition-the-hawkeye-initiative-irl]

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
One immediate issue comes to mind. She had underboob showing, where is his underball? Why can I not see it? Still fun story and very cool way of dealing with this.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Just for comparison: This is the female version.

Loved the story and the art work. Beautiful.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
2fish said:
One immediate issue comes to mind. She had underboob showing, where is his underball? Why can I not see it? Still fun story and very cool way of dealing with this.
He would only have to show underball if she showed under...ovaries?

As it is, he's actually in a greater state of nudity.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Froggy Slayer said:
2fish said:

If he shows his nipples, she should to!
GENDER EQUALITY!
HEAR HEAR!
IF MEN ARE SO OBJECTIFIED WOMEN SHOULD BE EQUALLY SO!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I wonder how uncomfortable a chain mail banana hammock would be...

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Froggy Slayer said:
2fish said:

Silly one of those is on the inside of the body and the others are on the outside. I would show pictures to prove my point but I fear the mods would not approve. The mods are in line with the old school nuns, no showing ankles or ovaries in public. Sad day for us all, I miss ankles.

Fappy said:
Imagine when it caught a hair or pinched.

Something about his nipples feels wrong.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
This is easily one of the funniest and most uplifting things I've read in a while. Thanks for the share, a little faith has been restored in humanity!

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
2fish said:
Imagine when it caught a hair or pinched.

Something about his nipples feels wrong.[/quote]

And that is why it is so very importaint to keep waxing those unseemly areas kids.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Well done Escapist, you got my attention with this:

But upon clicking on the article I discovered I was lured in and cheated/lied to because the polar opposite of what I was wanting greeted me...and I just don't swing that way :(

Karoshi said:
Just for comparison: This is the female version.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/JguszC3JaCBS3uTfbZgZouAYgQTb7KtGV48ESB4QrpI6nT3jI-h-qQ13UFS9-T48_54dsiGdmElNngdht0cgn2TxVf2iggshNUkU4MEWAYEj-fKuUj1ZuZpl2db2sz4x6g

Loved the story and the art work. Beautiful.
Thanks for posting this, hawt dang I could totally dig that :D

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Froggy Slayer said:
2fish said:

and besides, what would underball really be
commando while wearing a kilt?