Star Wars Pinball Hits PS3 and Vita

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Star Wars Pinball Hits PS3 and Vita

Grab your quarters and get ready to become a pinball (space) wizard.

You may remember that Star Wars Pinball was released back in February as a three-table expansion to Zen Pinball 2. If you don't, no worries - the tables proved to be such a hit that Zen Studios got to work producing a standalone downloadable title with all the laser-guided nostalgia of the expansion. The muja fruits of their labor are now available to us in the form of Star Wars Pinball on the PlayStation 3 and Vita, with a handful of new content to set it apart.

Star Wars Pinball offers the original three tables from the expansion pack: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The game takes advantage of Cross Play, so you'll be able to switch between your PlayStation and Vita versions at your leisure. Anyone who owns the Zen Pinball expansion will be able to download this standalone release free of charge to take advantage of its new features.

What new and exciting features could they cram into a downloadable pinball game, you ask? You'd be surprised: Star Wars Pinball features an overarching campaign in which players enlist with either the Galactic Empire or the Rebel Alliance, with every point they score furthering the war effort of their chosen faction. The status of the Galactic Civil War will dynamically change the game's interface based on community actions. You'll also earn experience points as you play, allowing you to level up and gain ranks in the Empire or Rebel Alliance. That's not to mention the stereoscopic 3D, leaderboards, or varied multiplayer modes. This ain't your Master's pinball.

If you've got the midi-chlorians for it, you can find Star Wars Pinball on PSN for the price of $9.99. That's 40 quarters' worth of pinball back at the arcade, and that version didn't have any of these newfangled XP progression systems.

Source: Electronic Theatre [http://electronictheatre.co.uk/playstation3/playstation3-news/36959/star-wars-pinball-playstation-3-playstation-vita]

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
And now I have the sudden urge to go play pinball, and I have no idea why.

I think the last pinball game I played was on the PC and it was a space themed one, but I'll be damned if I remember what it's called.

I think it will be a good little addition for my Vita. :D

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I could get this, or I could play Pinball Dreams, a PSP Mini that I already have, and is still the best pinball game I've ever played. Decisions, decisions.

P.S. Thanks

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

I think the last pinball game I played was on the PC and it was a space themed one, but I'll be damned if I remember what it's called.

Was it the one that was already on the computer? I think I know which one you are talking about if so as I used to be insanely good at it...now I wanna play pinball too, dang it Fiz. >.<

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Space Cadet! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Tilt!_Pinball)

I got a score of several million one time, but then my brother hit Escape because he wanted his turn. I still think it's just because my score would have tripled his #1 on the top scores chart >:eek:

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
It'll still be better than SW: Kinect, although mind you what isn't? Still, I wonder why in the months following the recent Disney action. the first release is a Pinball game.
Although we may have an answer-;
Captcha: By the Board. I'm not making that up! It's bloody self-aware, and highly cynical.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Space Cadet! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Tilt!_Pinball)

I got a score of several million one time, but then my brother hit Escape because he wanted his turn. I still think it's just because my score would have tripled his #1 on the top scores chart >:eek:
YES!!

That's the one! I was awesome at that game and I was so sad when my computer crashed and I couldn't play it anymore. :(

I had such a high score on that game and I remember my whole family would try to beat each other to get the highest score. I don't remember who eventually got it, I think it was my dad, but I remember playing it for hours.
Neronium said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Was it the one that was already on the computer? I think I know which one you are talking about if so as I used to be insanely good at it...now I wanna play pinball too, dang it Fiz. >.<
The nice man above me already answered what it is. :D

I really really want to play Space Cadet and that Star Wars pinball game now. I will not apologize for spreading the love of pinball and having people play it right away. :D

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I'd be interested if they brought in the old classic Arcade Star Wars Pinball skin.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
No flipping way I would pay $10 for pinball. I've played LittleBigPlanet made pinball (for free) and I just don't see the appeal.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
When you can find masny pinball simulators on the internet for free, I don't think payign $10 for one is particularly appealing. And the "story mode" sounds kinda tacked on.

SergejH

Jan 22, 2009
I`m playing Pinball FX 2 on PC, but funny thing is, that those SW tables are worst than most others (at least for me).
I NEED SOME MORE MARVEL TABLES!!! :)