SimCity DLC Coming This Month

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
SimCity DLC Coming This Month

Step right up to your own SimCity amusement park.

Are you over that whole fixed now, right [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122557-Electronic-Arts-Disables-Non-Critical-SimCity-Features-UPDATED]? And it's been a few months, so you're probably more than ready for additional in-game content. Good news! SimCity DLC is coming in just a few short weeks. Starting May 28, you'll be able to build and customize your own virtual amusement park in everyone's favorite always-online game.

A listing for the DLC was accidentally released by developer Maxis and captured by HypnoToad Productions [http://www.youtube.com/user/HypnotoadProductions?feature=watch]. The leaked screens in the video show off amusement park staples like a ferris wheel, go-kart track, roller coaster, and a good-sized parking lot; other than the images, there's not a lot of information about the expansion.

The response on the official still waiting [https://www.facebook.com/SimCity/posts/10151628589679866] for SimCity to be released for OS X, so I guess I'll see this DLC sometime around Christmas.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gQY4c77f508]

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP!!! Buy DLC for your broken game! The traffic still fucks itself up the ass based on basic mathematics and bullshit design you say? WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! All you need to forget about that is to buy our shit! New buildings which esentially boil down to a park with stats, movement animations and one that generates EVEN MORE TRAFFIC to clog up your roads! Not to mention it would probably take up several city blocks and generate shit all in revenue, cost you tons of power and other crap (literally) and put you in the red for the rest of your game! Now who could say no to that?!

The price you say? Well given that it is basically one building, with multiple nodes that you have to "plop" (ugh) and probably didn't take us allot of effort to make, I wouldn't know I am just the snake oil salesman, I don't make the stuff, it would be yours for the price of just 9,99$ (just wait and see it will be higher, like 14,99)!

Despite my sarcasm I long stopped hoping for SimCity to be fixed when people cranked the math and literally proved just how broken and retarded it is. Everything is broken in that game, from start to finish there is not a single thing that did not annoy me in that game, the only fun I had was dicking around in sandbox mode because the main game just offers no fucking challenge at all. It was a waiting game where I waited X amount of hours for money to roll in. Might as well just ignore that then and just Alt+W your way to your perfect STILL in the green city! The difference being about 50 hours of utter banality and frustration.

Who would even BUY this? I joked that it takes up a fifth of your city, but it actually looks like it will with all the different rides, parking lots and the tourists it will bring will clog up your roads like... well... there is nothing worse than what the game already does on it's own. It's shit.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I read this and feel like they're saying "We just got done beating you senselessly and getting off on it...ready for round two?"

I just feel like they're pressing their luck here and that they honestly owe their players a little something treating them like this...but, I know people are sure to buy the DLC. Just hope it's enough to at least cause a pause for EA. A slight dip in sales...what the hell am I saying? I'm still giving EA money myself (for different products) so it's not like I can judge.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Question: Did the escapist staff just forget to do the review for this game? They said they were all set to do it, but couldn't log in long enough to do a proper review, and that they were just going to wait until some of the bugs got fixed and it was playable.... Supposedly it is now playable, and yet no review. Any thoughts?

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
The only thing I can think of when I see this is that I wish somebody would make a new RollerCoaster Tycoon game.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
cursedseishi said:
MorganL4 said:
Question: Did the escapist staff just forget to do the review for this game? They said they were all set to do it, but couldn't log in long enough to do a proper review, and that they were just going to wait until some of the bugs got fixed and it was playable.... Supposedly it is now playable, and yet no review. Any thoughts?

Simple, my dear Watson! They are still waiting for all those same bugs to get fixed and for the game to be playable!
Plus they had to install Origin. That's probably why the server bugged out and everyone got those "epic poster" badges without earning them. /joking

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
C'mon, Maxis. Give us bigger cities, give us offline mode, fix the traffic for real, and totally rework natural resources such that you don't run out of everything right away. You don't have all that much that needs fixed, but those things are VERY important things. Once you've got those core issues worked out, THEN you can start releasing expansions. But continuing to pretend like the game is fine as-is won't keep working. We may have thought online-only might not ruin the game before release, but now we've all played it and don't like it; until you get us to trust the game again, you won't be able to sell us expansions.

P.S. Thanks

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Hmm... Can I make a theme park that is poop-themed and poop-powered? I think it fits the theme that is this game...

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Covarr said:
C'mon, Maxis. Give us bigger cities, give us offline mode, fix the traffic for real, and totally rework natural resources such that you don't run out of everything right away. You don't have all that much that needs fixed, but those things are VERY important things. Once you've got those core issues worked out, THEN you can start releasing expansions. But continuing to pretend like the game is fine as-is won't keep working. We may have thought online-only might not ruin the game before release, but now we've all played it and don't like it; until you get us to trust the game again, you won't be able to sell us expansions.

P.S. Thanks
I wouldn't call the entire engine not much :D

It's quite a daunting task to fix SimCity 2013 because it honestly entails making a new game and not fucking it up.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
So is this going to be the 'Coca-Cola Themepark' DLC or something? I'm suprised they haven't gone in for their advertising thing again.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
why not just play this game?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/RTC3-cover_art.png
Or any other theme park sim for that matter.

Evil Smurf

Nov 11, 2011
Gutsripper said:
The only thing I can think of when I see this is that I wish somebody would make a new RollerCoaster Tycoon game.
One came out last year for the 3DS.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
...I find it so sad that I never knew that there were more Roller Coaster Tycoon games passed the first one...T^T

OT: EA, does this DLC come with bug fixes, or are those for future DLCs?

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
I think that at this point the staff knows that those here are well enough informed to avoid buying it and without putting out an actual review, they lessen the chances of EA getting pissed at the seething hatred. But the DLC will be overpriced and not worth it, while no one will be surprised.

Evil Smurf

Nov 11, 2011
Neronium said:
Evil Smurf said:
...I find it so sad that I never knew that there were more Roller Coaster Tycoon games passed the first one...T^T

OT: EA, does this DLC come with bug fixes, or are those for future DLCs?
All it required was a quick google. I'm sure can get it on GOG.