Metal Gear Rising: Revengence To Seek Revenge On PC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence To Seek Revenge On PC

Konami front-man Hideo Kojima stated on his blog that the game will be coming to the PC.

Metal Gear Solid is a popular, convoluted stealth-action series from publisher Konami. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a spin-off from the main series, starring cyber-ninja Raiden, and built around the core gameplay concept of "you can cut anything." It is set some time after Metal Gear Solid IV, and was only available on PS3 and Xbox 360. Until now. Konami big boss Hideo Kojima first stated on his blog [http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog/] (in Japanese) and it was later confirmed in English on Twitter by Platinum Games creative producer Jean Pierre Kellams, that Metal Gear Rising: Revengence will be released on the PC.

MGR:R first turned heads back when it was initially only announced for the Xbox 360. Up until this point, the Metal Gear games had been the saftey-blankey of Sony gamers, and the mere thought of their Microsoft brethren getting an exclusive sent them into a flurry. Luckily, it was soon announced for PS3, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

The game released on consoles in February this year, and was developed by Platinum Games, the guys behind the librarian fetishist wet-dream: Bayonetta. It received some relatively favorable review scores.

With the announcement of a PC version, MGR:R will be the first Metal Gear game to see a PC release since Metal Gear Solid 2.

No further details regarding the PC port have surfaced as yet, but we may hear more at Konami's E3 2013 presentation. Platinum Games has never produced a PC game, so it's still not known if they will be the team developing this PC port.

Source: Twitter [http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog/]

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Hooray PC gaming.

We're stealing Japan. One game at a time.
Guess it's time to be a smarty and join the PC party. What are the axis powers without Japan and Italy?

In all seriousness I'm pretty happy to see the PC getting more love from Japan. I assume this will be coming to Steam. This would also be a good time to add their older Metal Gear PC ports to Windows 7 and Windows 8. Like maybe a Steam and Good old Games dual release of Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2.

I'm guessing those other games didn't get a PC release because PC gaming wasn't seen as popular then. Now, PC gaming is popular again. New consoles won't do anything to diminish it, this time.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011

On one hand, this looks like a really fun game - I wouldn't know, I don't own a PS360, but I've seen it on Youtube and it looks kickass. On the other hand, most companies seem to have a lot of trouble with PC ports, whether in-house or outsourced. Guess we're going to have to wait and see.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
leet_x1337 said:
Most companies seem to have a lot of trouble with PC ports, whether in-house or outsourced. Guess we're going to have to wait and see.
Depends on the company.

And there's always mods. Mods always fix a game to be better than the console version.

Unless they're games that nobody cares enough about to actually fix.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
"The game released on consoles in February this year, and was developed by Platinum Games, the guys behind the librarian fetishist wet-dream: Bayonetta. It received some relatively favorable review scores."

Dear, dear. Not a fan of Bayonetta, are we?

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
[HEADING=3]YES! :D[/HEADING]

As someone that doesn't own a console and looked at PS3 and 360 users in envy, I must say that this news greatly pleases me!

Holding thumbs for a good pc port and access to the DLC.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I am happy to see that Revengence is coming out for the PC. It looks like a pretty fun game and I have been wanting to rent it for the last week or so. Knowing that it is now coming to PC I will just wait and buy it instead when it releases. I am guessing and hoping it releases on Steam and doesn't use Game For Windows Live.

Hopefully if Revengence sells well it will convince Konami to put the rest of them on Steam and Good Old Games as well too.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Well...I guess at least this time it won't be a fan petition so when the port is absolute garbage we all can blame the developer.

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
As long as it's handled well (more of a Mass Effect 1 port, although even that had warts, than a Dark Souls port) consider me interested.

- no hard coded buttons
- good gamepad support
- support all screen ratios without black bars
- flexible resolutions
- no framerate cap at 30
- mouse support in general UI
- REVERSE BLOODY MOUSELOOK

None of that is a big deal for a well developed game ... just like if Metro last light had just developed it's animations for widest FOV with a narrow FOV frustum visible in outline in developer mode for the animators it would have been no problem to support variable FOV. Up front thinking about this kind of stuff avoids so many problems with no significant increase in development time, hard coding everything for some fixed configuration saves hours up fronts for weeks down the line ... it's just so wrongheaded.

I'd like MSAA, but I recognize that is generally too much work for a game designed for crappy post processing AA. Higher texture resolutions would be nice.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
This is why I never understood the stereotype of the almighty PC master race. PC gamers getting happy about console leftovers. I understand that that the PC has it's own library of good games, I am sort of joking.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Ratties said:
This is why I never understood the stereotype of the almighty PC master race. PC gamers getting happy about console leftovers. I understand that that the PC has it's own library of good games, I am sort of joking.
The stereotype was always supposed to be sarcastic, but some unwitting gamers ran with the moniker with sincerity.

Mind, though, it's usually the niche, genuinely great console stuff that we crave (the Souls series, everything made by Platinum/Clover, etc) not the mainstream exclusive action stuff which we have plenty of already.

OT: I hope Kojima continues its PC support. Already heard MGS5 is coming to the PC, I'm hoping against all odds that a new ZoE comes out complete with a PC port. The more players the merrier.

Now only if we could get Vanquish with proper KB+M controls. That would be glorious.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
I want all the actual Metal Gear Solid games released on the PC first. Then I'll think about tolerating Bayonetta: Raiden's Gaiden.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
As I said in the other thread:

I am so hyped for this. I loved the demo, but I don't have regular enough access to consoles. Hopefully it's a decent port. I don't want enhanced graphics or anything, I just want it to run properly. I'll be happy if it's identical to the console version.

The

Jan 24, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:

Here's hoping it isn't Revulsive!
And yes that's also a real word (I know!)
They should have called it: Metal Gear Rising: Revulsive.