Mass Effect Arrives On LittleBigPlanet

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Mass Effect Arrives On LittleBigPlanet

Commander Sackboy and the Normandy Crew are ready to mine for iridium across the LittleBigPlanet-Verse.

Having only just started playing Mass Effect, most of what I know about the series <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9458-Mass-Effect-3-Review>stems from other player's interpretations. This is understandably confusing, depending on who I'm talking to. Mass Effect 3, for example, has fans calling it everything from a blight upon the medium, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121260-The-Escapists-Game-of-the-Year-2012>to the best game of 2012. What I've yet to hear however are its characters described as "adorable", but apparently Shepard has that potential as well. Four iconic characters from the series have just made the transition into Media Molecule's LittleBigPlanet titles thanks to a Mass Effect DLC pack. For six dollars, the pack provides four Sackboy reimaginings of Normandy crew members, each trying very hard to dismiss any lingering antipathy still held for the franchise.

As its title implies, <a href=http://littlebigplanet.com/en/downloadable_content_items/1267?t=US>the Mass Effect Costume Pack is a straightforward set of Sackboy costumes, but an admittedly fine-looking set nonetheless. The pack provides the component skins, heads, and clothing for Garrus, Liara, Wrex, and Commander Shepard himself, along with some Mass Effect stickers for good measure. The set is cross-buy compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet Karting, and LittleBigPlanet for Vita, with a single purchase unlocking the content on each title.

[gallery=1516]

Despite being largely limited to costume pieces, the ability to goof around with Sackboy versions of Normandy's crew does warm the heart a little. Even better, since LittleBigPlanet 2 comes with a suite of level creation options, anyone who's still frustrated with Mass Effect 3's ending can just make one of their own. It may not be canon, but it would still be fun to play through, not to mention stupidly adorable.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
The Wrex and Garrus Sackboys are absolutely adorable. I wouldn't buy them but they're still great nonetheless.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
God Dammit! How am I supposed to resist this?! I mean...just look at them! They must know that Garrus is my one weakness (And Wrex...and Tali...and Legion...and Mordin...to all varying degrees of course).

Actually, I really won't buy them, but let me tell you that the prospect is VERY tempting...

OK, seriously. The longer I look, the cuter they get! Stop toying with my emotions LBP!!

The

Jan 24, 2012
Disturbing lack of Tali and/or Mordin. But holy schnitzel do Liara, Wrex, and Garrus look good.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dammit, I don't like Mass Effect, but those dang Sackboys look adorable!
Yahtzee was right to say that Sackboy was a military experiment to weaponize cuteness...

carlh267

Jun 4, 2012
Must... resist... cuteness...

Especially that Wrex costume. CURSE YOU MEDIA MOLECULE FOR MAKING CUTE THINGS!