Deep Silver Offers Metro: Last Light Season Pass

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Deep Silver Offers Metro: Last Light Season Pass

A "season pass" for four pieces of future Metro: Last Light downloadable content has turned up on Steam.

If you just can't get enough Metro: Last Light, the shooter set in the post-apocalyptic hell of the Moscow Metro, then Deep Silver has an offer you may not be able to refuse. Revealed today on Steam, the Metro: Last Light Season Pass offers four pieces of future DLC for $14.99, a savings of some indeterminate amount (one would assume) over buying each of them separately.

The Season Pass will include the Faction Pack, the Tower Pack, the Developer Pack and the Chronicles Pack, as well as a new weapon, the Abzats, which will be given exclusively to Season Pass buyers. What's in each of these packs, and what exactly an Abzats is, hasn't been revealed, but Deep Silver Community Manager Maurice Tan tweeted [https://twitter.com/Pewology/status/336907122434527232] earlier today that the publisher is "detailing it tomorrow."

Until then, it's impossible to say whether this season pass will be worth the price of admission; $15 isn't a lot of money these days but unless at least one of these packs adds something of substance, I'm not really seeing a hook: My perspective may not be universal but I don't see Metro as the kind of game that will attract DLC dollars for a few new guns and other peripheral content. We'll see how it goes tomorrow; in the meantime, if you're already sold you can pony up for your pass on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/238340/].

Thanks to Charcharo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Charcharo] for the tip.

bfgmetalhead

Aug 4, 2010
Make ranger mode free and then we will talk deep silver. Untill then go stick your head up a shrimp's arsehole, provided they have one that is. If not go stick it in a equaly foul recepiticle.

Voren

Jun 26, 2010
I'm beginning to miss THQ....I mean Ranger Mode was never free unless it was on pc...but season passes on a game like this? I don't see it working well unless everyone of the things being sold are weapons or something. Fucking Deep Silver..

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
bfgmetalhead said:
Untill then go stick your head up a shrimp's arsehole, provided they have one
They have one... ON THEIR FACE AND IT'S FULL OF TEETH!

Unless the expansions are stories from the Metro in a similar vein to Knife of Dunwall in Dishonored I can see no reason anyone would buy them, Last Light tells a story, it's not something you can easily add content to.

Playing short two-three-ish hour stories from the view of citizens of Hanza, Reich, Red and the frontier I would pay for, weapon skins I wouldn't.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Are people really still mad over a difficulty setting, that adds no new content, that Deep Silver was CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE because of the deal THQ made before they went down?

In an era where devs are ripping out entire chapters, companions, and other large chunks of story content, people are getting mad at this?

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
You know what, I'm calling it now -- I actually hate this a lot more for singleplayer focused games than an additional multiplayer mode. At least multiplayer has to try -something- new.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yeah, no thanks. The base game is more than enough, thank you very much.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
I wish i had known this before pre-orders.. Then again, that's what I get for pre-orders. Oh well. Eh.. Maybe get it on a sale. Maybe not. Base game seemed just enough for me.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
My PC only just handles 2033, so looks like I'll be waiting for the GOTY edition and my PC should be upgraded enough by then to handle it.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Voren said:
I'm beginning to miss THQ....I mean Ranger Mode was never free unless it was on pc...but season passes on a game like this? I don't see it working well unless everyone of the things being sold are weapons or something. Fucking Deep Silver..
But, THQ jumped on the season pass badnwagon, too. Why absolve them when they're just as, if not more, guilty that Deep Silver.

Not to mention that THQ had announced last year that Ranger mode was cost $5.

But still, I'll wait for the GOTY edition like I have been most games as of late.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
While the Ranger Mode is still fucking stupid, when it comes to looking at this season pass and nothing else 15 bucks for 4 DLCs is a fuckload better than most season pass prices. So I mean...there's that?